Monday, February 14, 2022

Happy Valentine's Day!

 Hello and Happy Valentine's Day! 

Here are the school valentines we came up with this year. 


The poem reads: Roses are red, violets are blue, Happy Valentine's Day, Here's a fidget for you. 

M's are the pink and purple, C's are the blue and green. 

They're not our fanciest valentine cards but they are homemade and not candy which is my big thing. (There's NOTHING wrong with candy. They just get so much of it that I like to mix it up a bit!)  Honestly, the day kind of got lost in the shuffle of late January and being out all quarantined and isolated didn't help matters much. 


My brother sent the kids a Toad and Toadette for Valentine's Day and they like them very much. Today is out of uniform if they wear Valentine's colors. 

We enjoyed the Super Bowl. We didn't have many preferences but rooted for the Rams because it seemed like everyone for some reason that is unclear to me wanted the Bengals to win? I guess because they were underdogs. But, given that everyone was hoping for their win doesn't that in theory make the Rams the underdogs? 

Plus, I like blue better. Oh, and there's a player on the Rams who actually went to my kid's school when he was a kid. So there you go, my entire "why I rooted for the Rams" explanation. It was clearly very important and I was deeply invested. (I was not.) 

I decided next Halloween I am going as an NFL coach. 


It just cracks me up so much when they get all sneaky. Are there actually people who sit around and watch the mouths of the other coaches to try and figure out what's going on? Seems like a wasted resource to me. 

Anyway, Happy Monday and Happy Valentine's Day! 




2 comments:

  1. Those Valentines are so cute! I love the creativity. And that is the perfect Halloween costume! 😆

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA! Would you believe I was thinking the same thing last night??? That one coach??? Really??? But you did the costume, and it is awesome! Love your littles on their dress down day. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!