Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Flying Into the End of The School Year

 This weekend was lovely. We spent Saturday soccering. This was a picture of my girl on the big soccer ball, the picture she insisted on wanting to take. 



And the photographer who was kind enough to take it as well as snap a selfie. 



Saturday night we went to be the fan club for our friends who were in a play. (At the same place C did his show in December.) 



The show, Aladdin, was cute. And the crowd was especially energetic. Like, I am not lying, I have been to concerts and plays with less of a hyped up crowd. 


Sunday was a little rainy, but it was perfect for Husband to work on fixing some of the plaster in the house as well as get started on the first grade diorama. 


Yesterday, M had a make up soccer game. And I had to miss it because I had a board meeting. 


Wouldn't you know she scored a goal?! Of course I missed it. 

This season has been an odd one. I am not sure why, but M hasn't seemed super excited for the games. She practices well and then at games seems to not be in it. I don't want to push her into sports at all, I don't care one bit. She's 7. But she's always loved it, and she still says she does. 

I am wondering if we need to switch models to an all girls team? Maybe that would help? I'd like her to stick it out at least one more season and play in the fall. Since that's the first year of goalies and 9 players on a field. (So almost real soccer.) But we will see. 

Last night I saw a teeny tiny honey bunny silhouette so I snapped a picture. 
 

Nature is pretty amazing isn't it? 

There's still a lot of fun coming up this week so stay tuned. Plus a finished diorama and I know you're on pins and needles about that! 

1 comment:

  1. I am! Seriously! Those lower elementary grades are so fun!!!! Would you believe I am planning Flynn's curriculum for 7th Grade??? Me either. Hold onto them as long as you can, Mamma!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!