We are 10 days into October and I have nothing to show for it. This month is going to go by in a whirlwind. It already has.
There's SO much goodness coming and every single weekend brings more.
My month started with a little note on my pillow from M. She even made the envelope.
For the record, the show I saw was good.
The kids spent one of the last hot days at the park before going to a birthday party.
We got adult happy meals. And kid happy meals. And you know what? It legitimately made me happy.
The same sheet already had a sheep and a camel and the feet were different. Some people in my office believe it's like Sid from Ice Age, which I suppose it could be an extinct ground sloth but I am not sold. Everyone agrees it must be a girl due to the eyelashes.
There are a lot of fancier, healthier food options but McDonald's does hold a special spot in my heart.
This creepy-looking animal showed up on the second grader's Spanish worksheet. No one seems to know what it is.
And yes, clearly it IS bugging me and I have asked a lot of people what it could be. Including the Spanish teacher. Who explained to me that the children didn't need to identify the animal, but simply count them up. (Yes, I got that. Still doesn't change the fact I want to know what this is.)
I think the reason M didn't answer this one at all is that she's my daughter and utterly perplexed at what creature it is.
Soccer is winding down.
Last practice today! And one more game. M has really come into her own, she has decided she really likes defense and plays the position well. When they switch her to offense she isn't quite as great but overall the season has been a positive one. I wasn't sure how it would go this year and if she'd be ready to be done or not, but she has done a great job. I am so proud!
Husband and I went to a wedding on Saturday. It was nice to go out and grown up together.
And yesterday we went on an afternoon of errands and hit Costco. So then we had the fanciest dinner ever. $1.50 hot dogs and smoothies. (For a serving of fruit obviously.)
And here we are at today. Now you're all caught up on my October!











I just adore your family!!! For the record, I have no idea what that animal is, nor do I get why the teacher put it on the worksheet if she herself didn't know! Rule number 1 of teaching: Always have an answer ready for any possible question! You and the hubby look awesome at your big person playdate/wedding. And never apologize for McDonalds. Ever. : ) Hugs, my dear friend!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like a creature from a Dr. Seuss book to me! Is it a kangaroo maybe? Looks like October is going well and I love that picture of you and your husband!
ReplyDeleteMcDonalds adult happy meals are a thing?!?! Mind blown. I agree, you can't go wrong with McD's :)
ReplyDelete