Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Magic Kingdom Day

Monday morning was Magic Kingdom day. Magic Kingdom is my favorite park and you'll never change my mind. It is literally magical. We got up early and headed down to the boat dock to catch the first boat over. 



We rope dropped with our early entry so first we got some pictures in a nearly empty park. (Monday's picture of the kids in front of the castle.)  

I seriously got emotional walking in. When I started back to work I wanted to make enough money to take my kids to Disney. Then we wound up having to buy a new to us car. So then I was working to pay off a car. Once I did that, I started saving up for Disney again and so to be actually experiencing it and knowing that we made it happen was just everything to me. 

Then we headed straight to Winnie the Pooh. If you are a big Disney person you'll know this is an odd move. Most people head to Peter Pan, Space Mountain or Seven Dwarves Mine Train. 

We wanted to redeem Pooh. In 2017, our last trip, M was a hangry two-year-old and scream-cried the entire ride. So we started there. 


It was great! We followed it up with it's a small world, C's favorite. Or... nostalgic favorite. I think he still loves it and will always but it wouldn't get "favorite favorite" status anymore. 


My Princess M and Snuggly Duckling C met Rapunzel. My favorite. M's favorite. And it was wonderful! Even without Photopass in there, though that did make me sad. 


We conquered Magic Kingdom. We rode so many rides. 



We saw the Festival of Fantasy parade. C loves parades. And the ruffian whose legs you can see saw C's Snuggly Duckling shirt and hollered at him that he was his people! And C was beaming!! I love great cast members and how they interact with kiddos! 




From park early open we did: Winnie the Pooh, it's a small world, Carousel, met Rapunzel, Buzz Lightyear, People Mover, it's a small world (again), Pirates of the Caribbean, Aladdin Flying Carpets, Enchanted Tiki Room, Under the Sea with Little Mermaid, a cavalcade, Splash Mountain, the parade, Haunted Mansion, met Mickey, Astro Orbiter, Dumbo. 


M really wanted to ride Dumbo and turns out it was one of her favorites. It's funny, because she has been to WDW before but this was kinda like her first time and it was magical to watch her take it all in. 

Then it was time for M to go to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. I honestly didn't think I was going to be able to make this happen. I tried at our 60 days out and it was booked solid but I kept trying and I got it on October 21. Perfect perfect timing because I could give it to her for her birthday! 

Here we are waiting!


We got her the tee shirt package because truthfully, she will wear a tee shirt more than a princess dress without question. But she still got to go to the changing room and see the magic mirror. And I almost teared up. My sweet girl. 


She twirled while we waited. 


Then she got to get her makeover with pixie dust. 


Here are her big reveal pictures from when she first saw herself.



We met back up with the boys and had a little dinner. But at this point, it was after 7:30. M had hit her wall and even though she tried valiantly to stay for the fireworks because she knew how important it was to her brother, we wound up calling it a night at 8:15 and watched the fireworks from the boat back to Wilderness Lodge. A solid 12 hours at Magic Kingdom is nothing to scoff at though, she did a great job!


The boys did stay for the fireworks and I am just so glad C got that time with his Dad and we could meet the needs of both kids at that moment. 

It was a great day all around! 

3 comments:

  1. I totally feel you on the pinch me Disney moment. When I moved from PT to FT work, we saved for Disney too and brought the oldest four kids there and it was magical indeed, even better when you sacrifice for it! Your princess is beautiful, love her face after she's all done up :) So glad you guys made these memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely the best day ever! Your littles will remember that day forever. Your princess is literally beaming! So happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your beautiful girl! What a wonderful day! And isn't it a little bittersweet when they move on from one favorite to another?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!