Last night, it was finally Christmas! Husband gifted me tickets to see Toto and Journey and last night was the day!
What we hadn't accounted for was my fancy new accessory:
The walking boot. Which coincidentally, makes it possible for me to walk, not necessarily easy for me to walk. (Just a pretty darn good sprain and the boot will come off next week.)
So his original plan with dinner reservations and then walking to the arena wouldn't play out as he had hoped. So instead, before the sitter even came, he brought home a take-out dinner and we ate together as a family. Then headed out to get a parking spot in the main lot before it was full.
Here's the thing: we had a nice time. But I much preferred Toto to Journey. And I wasn't necessarily expecting that to be the case.
They did not sit here during Toto. They showed up with their two beers each during Journey's first song after the lights were down. And they were MAD our section wasn't up dancing. So they waved their arms and got all boppy in their seats.
Admittedly, with my boot, I was quite glad we were in a section that permitted me to sit and still take in the concert. Shari almost head-butted my knee several times. After they had finished their beers, they scoped out some empty chairs in the lower bowl where everyone was up and dancing. I did not miss Heather and Shari.
*They are more than likely not actually called Heather and Shari.
After Journey had sang Faithfully lots of people started leaving. (Which was after Open Arms and Don't Stop Believing had been played as well. My top 3 songs.) I leaned over to Husband to ask when he thought they'd sing Any Way You Want It. Then realized that someone somewhere has posted their set list on the internet. So I checked and that was the finale of the Encore.
We had talked before we came that I would prefer to leave early. Going down steps isn't really all that easy for me and I didn't want to hold up a whole bunch of people. It was a sold-out concert and there are a lot of steps! We decided to skip out then and beat the crowd. I have only minimal regrets. I would have liked to hear that song but not enough to walk down all the stairs like a toddler in a large crowd.
As it happens, walking down the stairs like a toddler was still a big enough pain because there was a grown adult man sitting at the bottom of the steps by the handrail. So I had to let go of the handrail and circle around him walking down one step at a time. It was precarious and I didn't care for it. PSA: Don't sit in public stairwells at crowded events. Especially blocking handrails.






I'm so glad you guys had a fun night! In 2019 we saw Def Leppard and Journey. I was a huge Def Leppard fan back in college and, fun fact, they were the first concert I ever saw so I was super excited to see them again over 30 years later. I really enjoyed them but I thought Journey put on a much better show!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun date! And I agree with that second meme!!! Don’t Stop Believin’ gets everyone singing at the top of their lungs at every Pearl wedding. Love it.
ReplyDeleteHope your foot is feeling better soon. ❤️