Monday, June 12, 2023

A Weekend of Work and Fun

 Friday night for Family Movie Night we went as a family to see The Little Mermaid. 


We liked it! It's not as funny as the animated one. But it wasn't bad. We liked the new songs quite well and even though we did miss Chef Louie I get that it wouldn't have made sense. 

BUT my one criticism was the seven sisters being all different races with the same dad. It doesn't even make sense and just felt forced. (Is it like Jacob and the tribes of Israel? 7 wives? Even still... it left far more questions than answers for me.) Don't want the mermaids to just be white? Fine by me. But the sisters should've looked like siblings and that's how I feel about it. 

Saturday I spent the day getting things ready for VBS. Because it's that season. This year we teamed up with some other parishes so I had to have a couple things ready for their VBS that started this morning.

So here is my Mars Rover. 


Saturday night we went to Smoothie King as a treat/dinner for one little Miss who is obsessed with Smoothie King. Then we went to see Two Gentlemen of Verona in the park. 


Yesterday after a long Mass (we had someone come into full communion, receiving confirmation, Eucharist and they had their marriage blessed) I got back to work to create a control panel. 


Then I wrapped the weekend up by hanging with a group of kids for confirmation large group. So plenty of work but we mixed in some fun too and that's good! 

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Yes. We saw The Little Mermaid. It had a great deal to live up to as it is Madison's VERY FAVORITE princess movie ever. She liked it, didn't love it. And the more she thought about it, the less she liked it. We decided that we need to just totally separate the two movies. I had trouble just because the original is so nostalgic for me. Madison lived that movie for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rover looks fantastic and so does the control panel! That's going to be one awesome VBS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!