Oh friends. Where have I been? It has been an absolute CRAZY week over here.
Let's start with last Wednesday?
There was a ladies' night out for work. I went. It was fine, fun to see friends!
Thursday was the first rehearsal for the kid's show this semester: Annie. I had to go to the parent meeting. The kid you don't recognize in the middle is my bonus kid. We drive her home every day.
In the busy, I noticed this adorable little flower growing where it wanted to. Beauty is everywhere and God is good.
I blame only myself for bending on the "one activity at a time" rule. But back to back activities is not working for me. 4 more weeks to go.
Last Friday was a day. I don't know that I have anything to show for it. BUT last Saturday was the first soccer game. They won.
And a special Mass, Adoration, and Healing Service. It was really great and I am so glad I went.
Sunday was the Confirmation Retreat. I got to work at 6:30 am and left at 5:00 that night. It was a long day. But fruitful!
On Tuesday we decided to get Crumble Cookies just to celebrate life and to love on the kids a bit. Because sometimes, that's fun to do.
Wednesday our new couch was delivered!! It looks great, it smells great! I am so excited about it.
Wednesday was also our first big night at church. We started a whole thing where everyone can come to Adoration, Mass, Dinner and Faith Formation Groups (separated by age). This is replacing our traditional RE. It really actually went well.
But I did manage to break out in stress hives. This one on my neck doesn't look so bad because it was taken yesterday. But trust me. They were red. Itchy and oh so much fun.
Please enjoy this picture I took of a wall. Yesterday we were on our day-long staff retreat. At our Deacon's "cabin."
For whatever reason the wall pattern was something I found interesting and soothing to look at. So I snapped a picture.
It was a good retreat. And now it is Friday. It is another busy weekend but that's okay. I hope you've all been well. I am going to bop around and catch up with what you've all been doing!












I am exhausted just reading this! I remember those days! Exhausting but pure bliss! You are the best mom, my friend. And I also know about stress hives. Take care of you, sweet friend. My therapist told me once that good stress is still stress. Who knew?!?!
ReplyDeleteYour neck picture reminds me of when I had shingles in that same spot and it was the worst month of my life. I’m so glad you didn’t have shingles but take all the deep breaths and breaks you can! You’re busy!!
ReplyDeleteThat’s me, Colleen 😊
DeleteYou have been busy!! Hopefully now that we are coming to the end of September, things will settle down for you guys. I think Crumbl Cookies for no reason is an absolutely wonderful thing and I love the fact that you guys tried the ginger ale thing from TikTok! Hopefully you have those stress hives under control and that they stay away from you in the future. I'm sure those were horrible to deal with !
ReplyDeleteWow, I’m tired thinking of your schedule! You are in the midst of the busy years for sure. (Although I’m finding the small grandchildren years are rather busy, too. 😊)
ReplyDelete