Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Heading Into Thanksgiving

Hey friends! 

I am sorry for not being around much... but nothing much has been going on. At all. I have barely taken any pictures even. And we all know a post should have pictures. 

A few weeks ago our office got a new walkway. My co-worker was out that day so I was the lucky one who got to sit right next to all the jackhammering. 



It took them FOREVER to pour the cement and all the things. But it's all done now thank goodness! 

C altar served a school Mass. He was a rockstar.


The boys went out of town and M and I had a girls' weekend in which I took no pictures. We did go hold some kittens at PetSmart. This is Mr. Heckles. 


The boys are incredibly allergic to cats. So it was a fun treat for us. M and I also enjoyed watching Ever After, it was her first time and I was thrilled to share a special movie from my childhood with her. She liked it. 

I am super unclear as to why it's PG-13... it's for sure actually PG. They barely even kiss! It's kind of the perfect Cinderella movie. 

M also has been doing my hair lately. 


I went to Ladies Night Bingo at school and the only picture I took was of this Bruschetta. Because my coworker was at NCYC and I got to eat his wife's food. 


Last Friday, the 5th graders served food at the Senior Thanksgiving Dinner. C was on pie duty. 


I went to see The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. I have always gone to see the Hunger Games movies on opening night, but, I am old. So I went to the 10:00 am showing on Friday. 


As the crisis contact for NCYC I had to be available 24/7. So I brought my emergency folder into the theatre with me, thus assuring everyone's safety. 

Overall, I thought it was a very good book adaptation. I thought the film would clear up some of the ambiguity at the end but I think it made it worse for me. Also I thought they could have done a little more with part I and III and less of II. But, overall, it was a strong movie. 

I did not care for the 27 minutes of previews tacked on to the 2 hour and 38 minute movie. Especially since only 2 movies were of anything I'd actually go see. 

And just to prove I still have a daughter even though I haven't taken any pictures of her lately... here she is with the scurvy pirate hat she made. 

So there's the nothing much is new post you've all been clamoring for. Lol! 

Have a very happy Thanksgiving! 

1 comment:

  1. Hello! We loved the movie, and felt the same about the ending?? But the previews??? What even was that? I had to strategically monitor my popcorn consumption so I wouldn't run out before the movie even started. UGH!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!