Friday, September 27, 2024

A New Bishop (Almost)

 Yesterday was a busy day. I was gone all day on a staff retreat. 


Which was lovely really. 

Then came home and got ready because last night was the Vespers service in Honor of our almost new Bishop. (Installation is today so stay tuned.) 

Weirdly, M and I went. And M is probably the least interested one in our family so you might be thinking... huh? Well, M's very holy and reverent best friend turned 10 yesterday! 

And she wants to be a Sister some day and wanted to spend her birthday praying for the new Bishop. 

We got rock star seats! 

Afterward, we had some treats! 


Then went to meet the new almost Bish. 

When we introduced the girls and explained it was her 10th birthday and she has aspirations to be a sister, he called over some of his friends from Ohio. (That's where we got this guy from!)


These lovely sisters were FULL of personality and they thought V was the cutest. When they asked M if she wanted to be a sister too, she firmly said "No! I want to be a mom!" And God love these ladies for affirming to her that God loves Moms too. 


And another lady from Ohio overheard the conversation, she told V that when her son was 10 he wanted to be a priest so she told him to pray about it and now he's in seminary. He was there too! But then also told M that the world needs strong and faithful moms and how lucky M was to have a best friend who could also be a great Godmother some day. 

It was really lovely. And I am so glad we went! 

While we were gone, C was working on getting his bake sale things ready. 


Today is the first 6th grade bake sale and his class is in charge. I hope it is wildly successful for him! 

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you got to attend the Vespers service and meet the Bishop and his friends. I hope he settles into your area smoothly - it's a beautiful place. I went to the Vespers service for my brother this summer - it was lovely. His diocese got to keep him, so he doesn't have to move states. The ordination Mass was a joyful (and long!) event, with more priests, bishops, and sisters than I have ever seen in one place.
    Did you get to go to the installation Mass?
    And many blessings on both your M and V for their future vocations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! So wonderful to hear your girl's friend is discerning a possible vocation as a sister! And just as wonderful is your little girl's dream of being a momma! I hope the bake sale was a success!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!