Birthdays on a school day are weird. I don't know. But M had a pretty darn good birthday anyhow!
She got to open one present before school. Her new Disney Loungefly.
She LOVES it. She had chosen Donuts as her birthday theme a while ago but we actually had a friend pick it up for us at WDW in June and have been hiding it at my office ever since.
She was tickled that the sky was "pink and purple" just for her on her birthday morning.
I made them take a picture together in the downstairs office before they went across the street. Luckily we had brought her birthday treats over for the most part yesterday.
Birthday treats are difficult because she has kids in her class who have a pretty wide range of allergies. I was leaning towards just a trinket of some sort but she really wanted a treat.
She ended up with these ice cream cups. But we also got a pack of vanilla ones too for friends with dye restrictions and allergies. C approved of the walrus on the package.
After school, she did her homework and went to the piano. Her bestie Vivian has lessons right before her, so before she left, her teacher played Happy Birthday, and we all sang. Apparently, they sang to her in class and in music class. Then our family sang again, so it was a pretty well-celebrated day.
At all school Mass it was all about JPII and I love JPII. When M was born on his very first feast day as a Saint I was not sad about it. We used to celebrate both of them with Papa Johns pizza but M has recently determined she doesn't like pizza so... we had Wing Stop instead and I don't know how to tie that in to living liturgically.
**We all had hats on because I don't know, something my parents and brothers were talking about. We have a birthday teams meeting for everyone's big day.
I took no pictures of her with her other gifts except this one of her new Magna Doodle where she drew the Vikings logo. (We will not talk about Sunday's loss or the fact they are not top of the division right now.)
I am actually really mad at myself for not taking better pictures of her day. At least I was in the moment but I could have taken a few...
I think her favorite present is her Owala. My parents got her the bottle and we got her a boot to go with it. If there's any kid who needs the boot it's M. I mean to be honest, don't really get me started on the trendy water bottle thing and why this brand is the way to go now that Stanley's aren't a thing anymore. But she's happy and at the end of the day she's drinking water so can I really get mad? I didn't have to buy her Sephora so... I think I am winning.
But she had a really great day and we all slept well! I hope her next decade is every bit as fun and joyous as her first!








Happy Birthday to your little girl. You are such a birthday Queen what a great way to celebrate.
ReplyDeleteSounds like an awesome birthday! Chicken wings and nothing bundt cake? That sounds like my kind of birthday food. And how is she TEN already????
ReplyDelete