I can honestly tell you that I am not ready for it to be December. Not one bit.
I am for sure using Advent as my excuse right now for not getting the tree up. In reality, and don't tell M because she really wants the tree up, I would be fine without it at all this year. (I know. Scrooge and Grinch is me!)
Certainly, this boils down to me wanting to control what I can. Holiday decor feels like clutter to me and I am just needing whatever tidy I can muster right now. With the flurry of activities this week and next it just feels like a little much to add holiday decor.
Friday M and I went to the brunch showing of the kid's show at the dinner theatre. We had a really nice time together.
The rest of the weekend passed without much fanfare really. To kick of December and Advent we lit our Danish countdown candle! (I remembered to buy one months ago Billie Jo!!)
Please note of the full 30+ cookies I made this is the only one that even remotely looks good, and it's not great, but most of them didn't stay closed at all. Luckily ugly cookies are still tasty!!
And by the time this posts it will be Monday morning. The bulk of my Christmas Cards will be off in the mail and we will take a breath and hope for the best with all the million things this week will bring.





Good to know about Moana 2, thank you. I just ordered our cards this weekend, you are way ahead of the game!
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way about Christmas decorations. I feel like I can't breathe sometimes sitting in the house with the Christmas tree up! Isn't that crazy? I know Christmas decorations bring other people so much joy but they really stress me out. So you are not alone!
ReplyDelete