Friday, February 28, 2025

The Week With Nothing to Show For It

Seriously. It was one of those weeks where I took almost no pictures of anything and life was busy but I have nearly nothing to show for it. 

Monday, I was excited because our maintenance guy who drives me absolutely nuts isn't my favorite moved his big old van that has been parked in our lot for over a month. Only he brought it back and it was then parked in MY SPOT!

Which is somehow worse than the past 2 weeks of him being in the spot next to my spot, which meant the teacher who typically parks there was in my spot. I couldn't be mad at her for taking my spot when the dumb van was in hers! 


But later when I came back for baptism class, he had moved to the far side, which is where I prefer it. (I mean, honestly, I wish it were gone but if it has to be here over there is better.) 


And now that all is right in the parking lot... On Tuesday I met someone from a different parish for a brunch meeting. And it was totally awkward because I didn't know who I was actually meeting since we had only spoken on the phone. So I just waited and hoped someone would show up. 

C has been mad that Village Inn redecorated and said that he bet it was boring inside too, so I took a pic of the inside. 


I think it looks nice enough. And the meeting was NOT at all awkward once we got past the fact she brought a friend with her and I only had two menus and silverware. It was an easy enough fix! 

And then I legitimately took no more pictures. But last night M took pictures of the no bake s'mores bars we made for C's 6th grade bake sale today. It's our last bake sale of the year, thank goodness! It's kinda the worst part about 6th grade... having to make 2 dozen treats every other month. 

But the money raised pays for their big field trip. (And the money from the bazaar.) So it's all a good lesson. Hopefully the treats make all $12 they're supposed to. 

**Please ignore the bottle of Vodka and DayQuil Kids in the picture of M. DayQuil is for the coughs that won't quit to help get through a school day. 

And the Vodka, I honestly think was in the freezer and Husband cleaned that out a bit ago, and the Vodka never found a new home since we don't have a bar. (And I think the vodka was for pie crust anyway...) 



But again it's Friday and I am ever so hopeful for a restful weekend with lots of sleep to try to get my own cough taken care of once and for all!! 

2 comments:

  1. I can take care of that vodka for you ;) Phil and I are still coughing almost two months later, I hate to warn ya. That's an exciting week with Parking Lot Wars and Blind Dates and Bake Sales, may your weekend be restful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! What is with the cough! It's a good thing I love Steve, because that cough!!!!!!!!!!! I'd buy a tray of those treats, by the way. Have a relaxing weekend, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!