Tuesday, April 1, 2025

Things We've Been Up To

Let me tell you, it's not a lot. 

I went back to my expensive paperweight of a car one last time to say goodbye.



We honestly got a way better deal than I anticipated from it. We used Carvio.com and they did all the work and just showed up with a tow truck and a check. It was definitely a better deal than the $100 most places were going to give me or even the $500 the dealership was offering as a trade-in price. We were very happy. 

I have read some negative reviews about Carvio online and that wasn't our experience at all. 

We finished up the third quarter! I can't believe we are in the home stretch of the school year. 



Report cards looked good and life on that end is pretty dandy. 

Saturday, I spent the whole day with my girly. We went to a show in the morning. It was cute. 


We came home and played air fryer for lunch. My dad sent us a gift of an air fryer, so we were trying it out. The boneless wings came out wonderfully. 


We went to 2 grocery stores to buy a lot of cookies for her STEM fair project that asks which brand of cookies has the most chocolate? (Chips Ahoy, Benton (Aldi) Happy Belly (Amazon) Crav'n (Generic Brand) That's Smart (Another Generic Brand)



We also began the project. Dissolving cookies in water, then weighing the chocolate. We're still working on the project but will keep you posted! 

Then, later, we went to a second show! 


This lady dropped her credit card into the platform, and M was the assistant during the intermission rescue. They were unsuccessful and were to try again post show. We did not stick around for that. 


My bonus kid G was in the show, and she was lovely. We are so glad we were able to go! 


Then on Sunday I got to spend the whole day with my guy! We went with a group to the Iowa Catholic Youth Conference for middle schoolers. 


There were so many things to do, including a concert by Connor Flannigan. (Who? I know. He is apparently a Christian hip hop artist. I can confirm that I didn't understand a single word that was said/sung by him but google tells me it's all appropriate and Christ centered.) 


He humored me with this picture. 


The host parish was having a Kolache sale. I of course brought some home! 


My favorite of the breakout sessions was the one for introverts: Just Be with God. It was a room for quiet prayer. The Deacon in charge turned off the lights (plenty of light coming in from the windows) and played quiet instrumental music. You could read the bible. Rest your eyes. Color a scripture. Pray a rosary. Bliss.


I loved the crucifixes they had displayed around the parish center and church. 


And that's what we've been up to. It doesn't seem like a ton, but I am very thankful for a boring life is pretty normal update. Absolutely no April Fools there! 

3 comments:

  1. That's a great STEM project! I did it with my college class once. We did not get good results because my colleague has a scale that only measured in even units. I hope she gets a great grade on such a tasty science analysis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. * makes mental note of this science fair project idea for Declan next year * You do a lot on the weekends with your kiddos, yay for quality time! I like the introverted prayer room idea too. When we have adoration hour, I get annoyed when someone else is in the Adoration chapel, isn't that awful?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, sweet friend. Your life is beautifully normal. The best kind. And you are Mom of the Year with all those projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!