Monday, February 2, 2026

Happy News, Groundhogs, The End of an Era

 This past weekend was open house. So we went to see those school projects in person. 



And middle school choir performed at Mass. 

This was during the prelude and NOT during the Mass. 


In happy news... C was cast as Colin in The Secret Garden. 


It's his first BIG role in a show with grown-ups. Like it's him and the gal playing Mary (who I think is roughly just a bit older than him) and that's it. 

He auditioned the day we were home because of cold. And he was ready. He had been working on his audition piece for weeks with his voice teacher and he went in and truly just sang the heck out of it. Husband could hear his last notes from outside in the lobby. 

Then we didn't hear anything. At all. For 3 days. So we assumed he didn't get it. And that was okay. 

But then last Monday night we got the email offering him the role! Yay! And we were told not to tell anyone until it was public. And that finally happened! So here ya go! His first big real show. We are so proud. 

And today it FINALLY got above freezing. For the first time in 282 hours and 20 minutes. That's not a short amount of time. 



Let's not go so far as to say it's warm but at least it's not freezing. 

Happy Groundhog Day. The kids aren't in school today because it's a teacher's in-service day. Which does mean I wouldn't mind repeating this over and over again.

This made me smile. 



I do think I would thrive with working just one day of the year, being incorrect most of the time, and people still making crafts about me anyway. Alas... I was born a people and not a groundhog. 


Sae this today... and I am actually really sad. The news on Friday about Catherine O'Hara really broke me. And this just feels like more childhood slipping away. 


There are several recipes I make that ask for orange juice concentrate so not sure how that will go! 

M was so excited because her Pink Palm Puff sweatshirt came today. 


Did you know that these are THE thing in 5th grade?! I didn't either. 

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!