Gosh, I wish I had some big, fancy update for you.
But I don't. Lol.
This first bit of June has been a mad rush. It's VBS season as you know. But let's take a peek at the little things of the week, shall we?
C picked me a flower.
And I loved it. It brought me joy the whole day.
What else is bringing me joy? My bestie's mom and dad own a greenhouse, and they had a sale on impatiens, which is truly the only flower that does well in our yard because we have so much shade. And they happened to be coming into town, so I bought a flat. Then they surprised me with an additional flat of shade-happy flowers!
Mary looks happy with her garden!
We voted in the Primary. I love the 250-year I voted stickers!
Then we got ice cream because democracy goes better with ice cream.
I am displeased by some of the outcomes of the primary. But pleased about others. Isn't that the way? We will vote again in November for sure.
C attended a webinar with authors Jeff Kinney, Kwame Alexander, and Erin Entrada Kelly. He found it inspiring.
We had our first "go into the office in the evening" family work session to build the sign and bible buddies.
M is participating in a 3-day show choir camp at the local high school I am pretty sure she will not attend.
(It's kind of a thing here... in 8th grade everyone starts asking which high school you're going to. There's the Catholic high school, our town has 3 other high schools with open enrollment that's very easy to come by, and the neighboring area has 3 other high schools that are easy to open enroll in. People choose high schools for various reasons: sports, arts, academics, friends.)
I have been doing her hair so that it won't end up in her eyes while she's show-choiring.
Photographic proof M is made for show choir. (If you spot her, you'll see her patented "
M face".)
Please note the gazillion trophies. This school is known for its art sports. The marching band wins. The theater productions win. The show choir wins. It's all competitive.
Today is the last camp day, and tonight there is a performance. I am looking forward to it!
Last night I attended our Cathedral's gala dinner. I had suspected it would be dry chicken. It was dry salmon and almost dry steak. So an improvement over the chicken! I liked the potatoes very well!
This morning we celebrated National Donut Day with donuts. I didn't take a picture of that, but they were tasty!
Happy June, everyone! Enjoy your Friday!
Happy June!!!!!! We celebrated Donut Day too!
ReplyDeleteI love your Mary garden! ❤️
ReplyDelete“Democracy goes better with ice cream.” Ha ha! Doesn’t everything?!