Thursday, August 27, 2026

Alaska: Chapter 3

The next day was GLACIER DAY! 

And I was very excited. 

My dad really wanted to go to the sit-down breakfast. So we joined him. I regret it. It was SO SLOW, and I didn't want a leisurely breakfast. As such, we were scrambling to get into the Mickey line. 

See Glacier Day is the day when you can see the Disney characters, on deck with the cool backgrounds of Alaska, in their Alaskan outfits. 

Mickey's line was long. And it was the only day it was a little chilly. But you'll see the weather was PERFECT. No clouds. Windy as all get-out. (Kinda a theme for Alaska, actually.) But lovely. C ended up going to get his winter coat while we waited in line. 

His was the ONLY winter coat I packed because I genuinely wasn't worried about the other three of us. I knew we'd be fine. Everyone says "light layers" for Alaska packing, and I would agree that's true. If you're someone who is constantly cold, pack warmer. For us, that's C. Even in the hottest part of the summer, the kid likes sweatshirts and 72 blankets while he sleeps. **72 might be an exaggeration, but it's a lot of blankets.**




I mean M and Minnie look like they're on a photoshopped background, don't they?! But that was the actual reality. It was that gorgeous. M LOVES her Alaskan Minnie ears. 



Glacier Day is also when it's the Frozen Night! 

On Alaskan Disney Cruises, there is no Pirate Night, just Frozen. Good thing I love Frozen. There was a special dinner menu with Sven's Carrot Soup which is my favorite!! 

But mostly we just took pictures of the nature. These are completely unedited and from my phone now! 










This was also the first day we won! Please note the medallion on M! 

Later that night we had room service Mickey Bars. Because why wouldn't we? 


I didn't love the slow start to my glacier day but we made the most of it for sure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!