Monday, September 23, 2013

Finding Hygge

I had kind of a great weekend.

It was one of those weekends where everything fell into place and I accomplished it all. I had family time, alone time, one on one time with both of my men, and time with friends. That is a pretty great feat. And I needed it. The nap. The sunshine. The food. The fun.

I didn't even realize I was in a funk until I was out of it.

And Saturday night was the best night ever. No really. We ordered really good stuffed pizza and baked a cake while we waited. C was already asleep at this point. Then the pizza came and we watched Notting Hill, which is my all time favorite movie. Plus I was in sweatpants with the windows open letting all the wonderful Fall night air in. Oh. I could gush on and on. But I won't .

I will say that I felt all warm, squishy, fed and loved and that is a great feeling that. The Danes have a word for all of this rolled into one: hygge. If you look it up it a word that can't quite be described the same because nobody feels it exactly the same. But there is it. My hyggeligt weekend.

And now that goodness has seeped into my Monday where I am preparing a cozy Fall dinner of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans and rolls. Well I hope there are rolls. Husband is the baker and I try really I do. But he doesn't mark the yeasts in the fridge because he just knows. And I was trying to surprise him so I didn't ask. And I am not 100% sure I picked the right yeast for the recipe. (I'm cheating and making the dough in the bread machine because they're still from scratch even if I don't do the kneading and rising part.)

Got to go check on the dough now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!