Monday, March 31, 2014

Proud!

I am not big on sports.

I just am not.

I like the Olympics that's true but pretty much other sports underwhelm me. Not for lack of me giving things a fair shot. In fact the year I was pregnant with C I spent time legitimately watching many different sports on television to see if any of them were my cup of tea: football, soccer, basketball, baseball, hockey *which I already knew I liked*, martial arts, track and field, NASCAR etc. I did at this time discover a love for the Triple Crown and I even made sure to watch them last year as well.

It probably doesn't help that I am from Minnesota. The state of notorious let downs. The teams either

  1. Are terrible from the get go of the season
  2. Play really well for a long time and choke in the playoffs.  


But that's okay. It doesn't mean I don't root for them anyhow. Even if I don't watch for one second. (Which is more or less the case.)

My LEAST favorite team sport (because NASCAR clearly is worse than the team sports... what a waste of gas and time. I did like the one race where they washed the course with Tide.) is basketball. Too many rules, too high of scores, too many squeaks. It's delightful C is short and basketball future looks incredibly unlikely.

So all this March Madness is kind of unexciting for me. I have tuned in to a few games (the last 5 minutes) and watch my bracket fall to pieces. Sort've. I was doing really well for a while there though because I don't know anything about basketball and apparently that is an advantage. I am sort've excited that Kentucky pulled through yesterday because I have them pegged to win it all.

To be fair I only watched the last bit of the game because I knew the start time for The Good Wife depended on when the game ended. Well and Amazing Race because I love that too and I would LOVE to go on that show!!

Anyhow this is a really round-about way to say that I actually have tuned in to one team this basketball playoff season. (Do we call it a playoff? Tournament? No idea.) My Central Missouri Mules.

We may refer to them as "Cmules" because of logos like this.

My grad school alma mater kind of made it to the Elite Eight. Then they won. And moved on to Final Four. And somehow (even though I think they were trying to lose that game) they moved on to the finals. And on Saturday afternoon, on regular CBS (one of 4 channels I actually get at my house) they WON the NCAA Division II basketball championship.

This happened. 
Now I know what it would be like to be a Patriots Fan or a Yankees Fan. Winning is fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!