1. Toddler Antics
The letter C. Yes it is the first letter in his name. Yes Cookie Monster sings about it. And we might watch that a lot. But my son is obsessed with finding all the Cs in the world and pointing to them. And saying "C." And singing the C is for Cookie song. It's endearing but I am hoping to add another letter soon. P or O show promise.
It doesn't help that now all he asks for are cookies. Like when he woke himself up at 2:00 AM the other night. Which is weird anyway but when asked what he wanted the answer was cookie. Repeatedly. He didn't get one if you were wondering. He got to go back to sleep.
2. Obsession with Pigeon
We got the latest and greatest new Pigeon book on Tuesday. And I swear we've read it 200 times since then. It's like Ted and Marshall's road trip with the Proclaimer's song "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)"
I get sick of it. The it comes back around again as the best book ever. There are lots of gems in the book. And if you know that Mo started writing children's books because of the Go Dog. Go conversations about hats, one part is especially funny.
If you want to check out the book and have a Barnes and Noble near you, at 11:00 tomorrow (in everyone's time zone's respective 11:00s.) The Pigeon Needs A Bath will be read for story time.
3. In More C News
In the world of talking I believe it's a lot like a roller coaster. You slowly build upon what they know and at a certain point you reach the point of no return and you're off. We have gone over the hump and now he is adding words all the time and sayings. Granted, not everyone in the world would understand him all the time, but Husband and I understand him more than we don't. So that's a win!
4. Why Not Talk About the Weather?
It's supposed to be nice this weekend. Which I am happy about. In the spring we get 2 free yard waste collection weeks and Monday is our first one. So I am glad the rain will stop and we can do a clean up without having to pay for it. (Yet.) Still waiting for more nice days. Lot's of fine days. Thankfully no snow. But now that I've typed that I am sure I've jinxed myself.
5. I saw Divergent
Yes it was all the way last Friday and a full week after it came out. My movie buddy is a doula and she had a busy birth week. It was good. I feel like they did the best job they could have. Obviously they twisted the ending a little bit to make it more dramatic (and to give Kate Winslet more to do I'm sure) but overall it was fairly true to the book in the way that no movie can ever be the book.
The next one doesn't come out for a long long while. And while Divergent has the concept that is the most intriguing to me it is not my favorite Dystopic trilogy. I know some people had problems with the violence in the first book. And since the violence was 90% training it's probably better if you don't read the second and third books! :)
Any day they'll announce the Matched movies and the Legend movies. I saw the preview for The Maze Runner so certainly these other two trilogies aren't far behind.
6. I Still Haven't Seen Frozen
Or heard this "Let it Go" everyone keeps posting to the Facebook. I love Disney and I have no doubt I'll enjoy it when I see it, but it just hasn't been my biggest priority. I'll get there sometime I'm sure. Until then, which conspiracy theory/hidden agenda is most accurate?
7. April is A Busy Month
We're in the calm before the storm. Husband has a "work retreat" which sounds just awful by the way, next week. Then it's Easter and then vacation... It's hard not to be getting ahead of myself. All in all I think it will be a good month though. Busy can be good sometimes. And it's my last full month to enjoy a 1 year old!! May 26 is coming up FAST!
Have a terrific weekend!! Linking up over at the Conversion Diary because Jen is the host of the Quick Takes.

Never can get enough of Mo Willems! We will definitely have to check his newest book out. The one we are reading this week is "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus", but unfortunately Elizabeth laughs and nods when I say "should we let the Pigeon drive the bus". Clearly, the Pigeon has pulled a fast on on her. :)
ReplyDeleteIn regards to Divergent, yes, I am glad I stopped about 3/4 the way through book #1. The violence was getting to me. I did read some spoiler reviews on Amazon of books #2 and #3 and clearly, I made the best decision for me given the direction the books were heading. Now, granted, I really did like the Hunger Games, but book #3 of that Trilogy was hard to stomach, but by that time I felt like I had invested a lot into reading the series that I just wanted to finish. And I did like the ending, sort of. Anyway, it will be interesting to see how they treat the 3rd book of the Hunger Games as a movie, because I have really liked the 1st 2 so far.
And we just saw Frozen for the 1st time a few days ago. The songs are catchy and I thought it was a good movie. Probably one of the few Disney princesses I can stomach. And seriously, I didn't see any hidden agenda or conspiracy theory in it, but yeah I had read a bunch of them prior to seeing it. Honestly, I think people see what they want to see and there are many, many, worse Disney movies out there. I personally liked that it wasn't a copycat formula Disney film. Anyway, enough rambling...I will just let it go. :)
Sooo we haven't seen Frozen yet either.
ReplyDeleteDid I tell you why?
Flynn refuses.
She has a slight obsession with Cinderella.
Apparently, watching Frozen would be unfair to Cinderella.
I'm serious.
I even bought it. When I showed her, she ran and hid!
Guess my 17 year old will have to wait until Flynn goes to bed to watch it!