Thursday, July 3, 2014

Theme Thursday: Sand

No seriously people. After all the ruckus I made trying to get my beloved Theme Thursday back and I fizzle by week 3? Lame. Lame. That's weak Madeline. Like "Did you even try?" He was there and we were there and he didn't even try!*

Sand. We don't really have any beaches around here. Not ones that I'd go to anyhow. The one closest to us would cost $11 for us to visit and that is ever too much money for the time we'd spend at a lake beach. Most others are currently under water.

Not my picture. This is our weather man's picture. Of the river. Not staying in the river. Clearly.
There are some sand bags though, Which makes it theme appropriate. 


We don't have a sand box. Or frequent any playgrounds that have sand. And, excuses excuses but most of the time when I scramble to come up with a picture for Thursday all that scrambling takes place on Wednesday. Yesterday our daily high was 68 at midnight. For most of the day we sat at about 65. And C and I picked up a lot of leaves/twigs/sticks that were littered about in my backyard by all the storms. And they're still falling out of the tree in case you're wondering.

I just scrolled through my entire phone to see if anything even remotely worked for Sand. No.

Funny enough now I have John Travolta singing "Sandy" in my head. That last "why-yi-yi."  Video embedded not because I doubt you know what I'm talking about but just.in.case you now need to get this song out of your head by listening.


Okay. Okay. I've decided to go all Throwback Thursday for today's Theme Thursday. So close your eyes and journey with me back to August 2012. We went to visit my grandma in Florida so she could meet my nearly 3 month old. One morning we went, just our little family to the beach. We didn't stay long but it was pretty fun and relaxing.

Baby meets sand. 
Oh my gosh, this picture makes me want to cry. Look how little he is?! He would be ever so much more impressed by the ocean now but alas, he will be much older before that is a repeated experience.


So... there you go. I would only get a participation ribbon this week but I am okay with that. Not that Cari does ribbons. Or awards. And even if she did she really doesn't strike me as a participation ribbon kind of person. But whatever.

Sand.
Link up over at The Clan.

Have a lovely Thursday and holiday weekend. Our fireworks would have been tonight but see how the river is flooded? So they're cancelled because they launch them from the river. And in fairness, we don't go to fireworks anyway because ... underwhelmed. Always. But go on with your bad self and party like it's 1776! 4th of July on a Friday is nothing to scoff at people!

*Totally a line from Hook. Because it's a classic. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow- that river looks crazy! Stay safe! We've gotten a lot of water here, too- Zeke has to lift up boat hoists today since the lake rose a foot last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha...I love that "Sandy" song from Grease!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I don't care that the pic is from 2012, it is still a great pic! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!