Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Venice

Today is the dreary sort of normal day that can get you down. It's cloudy. Not cold, not hot... pretty nice weather wise but cloudy. There are dishes to be done. I know I write about this occasionally but I sure do hate doing dishes. I can't think of a chore I hate more. Cleaning the bathroom? Nothing compared to dishes for me. I just don't like it.

In pregnancy world I am officially at the "exhausted but can't sleep long enough to fix it" and "everything gives me heartburn" stage. Everything. Spicy. Bland. Small quantities or not. Bananas. Water. Oatmeal. Cottage Cheese. Milk. Bread. Meat. Veggies. My body is an equal-opportunity employer when it comes to food to give me heartburn.

But the truth of the matter is I shouldn't really complain. Those are inconveniences at the most. Dishes mean that we had a delicious meal as a family. And the pregnancy symptoms are just the finish line coming into sight. Anyway you stretch it I just don't have that much longer to go.

But my day sure got brighter. One of my best friends from grad school (even though she was in undergrad at the time) gifted me the Venice soundtrack.



Venice is this amazing musical that changed my life. I'm not even kidding you. When I graduated in 2010 I was burnt out. Between Art's High (where we really did a lot more Theater History and Dramatic Lit than I realized at the time) straight through grad school with little time off, it was non-stop theater. And theater people. And it was draining.

But like, 2 weeks before graduation I went with 2 of my friends to see Venice. And my spirit was lifted and I believed that the world was still capable of interesting and innovative work. I needed it. And then the day after graduation when Husband (who was Fiance at the time) was in town, we went to see it again. Because I had to see it again. And I wanted him to experience it too.

Then it went through more workshopping and all kinds of changes. But it made it to Off-Broadway which means they made a soundtrack. And it was released yesterday. And in true fashion of luck, I couldn't get iTunes to download to Husband's computer. (There's no iTunes for Chromebook. I am okay with this because we have another computer, but he just got a new one as well and it didn't have iTunes set up yet.) But... my friend Robin sent me a text this morning asking if she could gift it to me.

That is providence my friends. And I did get iTunes downloaded so now I have some amazing tunes to listen to and let my heart soar while I clean those pesky dishes.

"I wanna love and be loved."

1 comment:

  1. A thoughtful gift from a sweet friend will definitely make your day! I hope you got all those dishes done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!