Sunday, October 12, 2014

Happy Due Date Baby Girl

Dear Baby Girl,

Who's surprised that you haven't made your grand entrance yet? I wish I could say I was but alas...

Your dad and I have done pretty much everything in our power to entice you to come out but you like your cozy water bed and have decided against joining us out here at this point. You seemed to respond to the acupressure on Friday night and the black and blue cohosh. (Also on Friday night) but since then... nothing.

Oh well.

You are just reminding me who is in control and that it is not me! I just have to accept that my babies like to cook a little longer than other people's babies. But really Baby Girl, all your friends I know about with similar birthdays to you are here already, just saying. (Though technically you're not even late for the party yet and who knows what will happen today.)





And like Michael Buble reminds us both: I promise you kid, that I'll give so much more than I'll get. I just haven't met you yet!

I love you very much and I'm so anxious to meet you. But no pressure.

Love,

Your now 40 week pregnant Momma


2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! She'll be here soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popping over from a knotted life - prayers that she arrives soon! Mine are long-cookers too. #notveryfun #10monthsofpregnancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!