BORING. 38 weeks 4 days. Appointment today and it was the quick kind. Head down, all things weight/bp/urine were good so there we are. I declined a check today. Progress (or not) is what it is and I see no reason to fret. Hospital bag is pretty much packed. The bows I ordered came in the mail today. I'm pretty much ready.
So in order to keep busy, Laura over at String of Pearls nominated me for a Liebster. I'm going to cheat a little and answer her questions but I am not going to come up with my own or nominate anyone because... well I'm just not.
On to the fun:
1. Do you have a favorite saint, and what drew you to him/her?
I've got to give my props to Saint Anthony. He hasn't let me down yet. And there is nothing quite as catchy as "Help me Tony look around. Something's lost and can't be found. Amen." Is that a major cop out? I really am not that forgetful and I don't call on him that often I swear. But gosh, St. Anthony is pretty terrific.
2. I think every Liebster questionnaire includes a question like this; but I'm crazy about books, so I just have to know: do you have a best-loved book that you've read multiple times? (And will you probably read it again?) Or do you always just read a book once and pass it on to others?
Well I have most certainly written of my favorite books before on the blog but for now let me just say that I have never not been able to pick up a Harry Potter and enjoy it.
3. What is your family's Christmas Eve tradition?
If we are at my family's Christmas Eve it involves a Roast Beef with power sauce dinner and opening all the presents. For whatever reason, and I'm not quite sure, Christmas Eve is the more important day for my family. Christmas Day is in fact incredibly low key.
Last year we spent Christmas Eve just the three of us and we had fajitas. They were festive (red and green peppers) and a great change of pace from the meat/potato combo that all the other celebrations boasted. I'd like to keep that up when we are by ourselves.
4. When you dress up in heels, do you wear panty hose/tights, or do you go bare-legged?
It depends. November-March I would say always panty hose. In the summer bare-legged.
5. How did you and your husband meet? (And if you're not married, what's the most important quality you're looking for in a spouse?)
Well I talked about the 10 year anniversary of meeting him here. But since I don't remember it I will tell you about the time I remember. I somehow got conned into doing props for HMS Pinafore. I was the assistant to our dear friend Katie. But she was not quite organized and there were a lot of props in this show. I had spent weekend after weekend just making and collecting props. I was an itty bitty Freshman and I had no car so I was no help with the going and buying of things.
One of the dumb things we "needed" for the show was a sausage. And the guest director was kind of a piece of work and wanted everything to be hilarious. So he wanted a giant sausage. Well Katie asked Husband (who was in the show but had a reputation for excellence in props) to create a large sausage. I didn't know this.
One afternoon I was sorting things and working backstage trying to take care of checking things off the extraordinarily long (and growing because like I said the director was a piece of work and kept adding things) list. Husband walked over to me, by the drinking fountain, and held out this HUGE wooden sausage. He had spun it on the lathe and painted it sausage colored. I was so relieved that I just hugged him. And I hugged him hard.
Only after I hugged him did I realize that I didn't really know this guy and it was probably really weird that I hugged him. But it all worked out in the end. And Katie was a bridesmaid in our wedding.
My incredibly sentimental Husband turned that sausage into a giant pepper mill for a show the next year and painted it red. I was devastated. The funny thing is that he actually is a sentimental guy and felt bad that the sausage wasn't a sausage anymore. We have the giant pepper mill though.
6. What's your go-to prayer in times of distress?
I say a "Hail Mary" or when I was in second grade my RE teacher told us the easiest and shortest prayer you can ever say is "Jesus, Help." Apparently I was an impressionable 7 year old because I say that a lot too.
7. Where is the one place in the world you would visit if you could?
Oh gosh. It's hard to pick one place only. Is it dumb that I would pick Prince Edward Island? Because of Anne of Green Gables of course.
8. How many siblings do you have?
Two younger brothers. S is 26 and lives in Missouri right now. He has a German Shepard named Rocco. (After the patron Saint of dogs)
P is 20 and is in his second year of college. Most people would call that a sophomore but he had so many College in the School and AP credits I am pretty sure he is well into his junior year credit wise. He goes to an all boys school that has a sister school. They have mixed gender classes but separate campuses. In his dorm last year there was a priest on every floor. I don't know if they do that in his current dorm though.
9. Are you a worrier? (I'm worried you'll think that's a weird question.)
Eh. Depends. Sometimes I get hit by the "worst case scenario" monster but even then my rational brain makes a plan and then I am sufficiently pacified by the plan.
My ridiculous worry that I still have is dropping one of my babies (when they're little) onto pavement. Like when I took C out of his car seat and into the Baby Bjorn. It's dumb because he was never that wiggly and an adult certainly has the advantage over a 3 month old etc. But I still worry about it.
10. What, if any, sport do you enjoy watching the most?
Hockey. End of story.
I also enjoy going to a baseball game to sit and chat while sort've watching. That's fun too.
Have a great Thursday!
Boring OB appointments are the best kind! I enjoyed reading your answers!
ReplyDelete