Friday we got a piano!
Go with me on this story okay? Husband's aunt and uncle live in town here. His cousin is a rather good piano player. They had talked about upgrading to a baby grand for a while. One of the music stores in town is going out of business and they decided this was the time. But they needed a new home for the old piano.
It is a special piano, his aunt's parent's purchased it in 1974. They still have the original tag and sales promotional flyer. (We have it now.) I imagine it was bittersweet to say goodbye to the piano but I am happy that we are able to give it a good home and that our kids will be able to take piano lessons.
C LOVES the piano and I'm not saying my kid is a musical savant or anything but he is already very interested in learning and (with the help of Husband) can play one song. He is very good at playing only one key at a time and not banging away. He's always had big hands and can already spread to 5 keys but can only put power through to his four fingers. I never took piano but I am sure glad that our kids can!
Friday night was also the Elf Twitter party. Always a pleasure.
M mostly slept through the fun but C enjoyed his first viewing. Did you know that there's a walrus next to the arctic puffin? Yeah I didn't remember that either. Of course my little walrus fan caught that right away and was his favorite part for sure.
Saturday brought a big day for us as C gave up his nuki. We'd been phasing it out since he turned 2. Mostly only in his bed, but when M was born it sort've had a resurgence. It started phasing out again and lately he mostly has just chewed on them. So we've been redirecting his and slowly pilfering them away. Honestly I'm not sure he's noticed that they've been gone since Saturday. So technically I guess it is the cold turkey method but he was more than ready.
Yesterday we made one solitary batch of Christmas cookies. My favorite are peppermint meltaways and they're so good. I wasn't feeling very Christmasy and those always fill me with happiness. I let C help me with the glaze and the crushed peppermint pieces. They turned out with a tad more glaze than normal but that's okay.
Today, Little Miss M turned a whopping 2 months old!! I can't stand it! Who said she could get so big?! She had her doctors appointment this morning and did very well considering. She got hot pink bandaids which is kind of cute.
We have brought the swing back up and she has really taken to it. I made lunch today without anyone screaming! Perfection.
That's about what I know. Certainly getting ready for Christmas around these parts.



Two months!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your Christmas, my friend! : )