Time has gotten away from me this week. It's unbelievable how fast August goes. It's my favorite month and it speeds by. But here are a few things from this past week that I have been thinking about:
1. M had her 9 month well child visit. She is, not shockingly, ahead of the curve on gross motor. (Hello walking.) She is right on track with everything else and her growth is steady on the curve. All around it was a pretty successful little visit. I asked my few questions, had a good chat with Dr. Julie
and that was that. The 9 month is the easy one.
2. M has been off on a mischievous streak. She certainly is going to keep us on our toes more than her brother that's for sure. M hasn't met a book she doesn't want to rip and on Wednesday she flushed a linking ring down the toilet. Well rather, C flushed the toilet because yay! he's potty trained and she comes walking over and throws a ring in at the very last second. I tried to grab it but missed and so that is how we found ourselves Thursday, pulling up our toilet, replacing the wax ring with a super cool new model that let's you place the toilet multiple times (in case this becomes a trend) and removing the ring from the bottom of the toilet. Super fun. (Not really. But way better than not doing anything about it.)
3. Book club was at my house this past week which was fun. We had a really good discussion about The Scarlet Pimpernel and whether we thought dying by guillotine was a good way to die. In case you were wondering we decided it was pretty bad but better than the other means of murder in the French Revolution.
4. I am co-hosting a bridal shower for Husband's cousin but it is at my house. I am hoping it goes well. Anyone have any great tips for a good shower?
5. Target de-genderizing the toy aisle. Great big whatever from me. I know that it's supposed to be a great big win for the boys who want to play with pink Legos or the "boy" Legos if they're a girl but I just want to roll my eyes. I liked the pink Legos. I still like the pink Legos. And some of M's "girl" toys are just way way cuter than the "boy" toys we own.
That's about all that's on my mind these days. Have a great rest of your Sunday.
I'm not a fan of the de-gendered toy aisle either...'just whatever' is about it! But I do LOVE the Scarlet Pimpernel! That is one of my favorite books ever!
ReplyDeleteOy vey! Toilet troubles ... yuck! I'm glad they have a wax ring out there like that, though! I'll have to tell DH that when it comes to any troubles in the future. Good to know!
ReplyDeleteI don't get the big hype about the Target toy aisle thing really either - it is not like when you go to purchase the toys you can't buy a boy toy because you are a girl - whoopie. All this political correctness makes my eyes roll many times. :)