Tuesday, December 22, 2015

14.

I could write about our weekend of cookie baking and all that fun but, it's just really not that exciting. We made them. One kind did not turn out. But whatever. Some did. And gel food coloring is legit. Finally made the investment in that and I am so glad!


I want to write about my girl who is 14 months old today. I want to remember everything about this age she's at. I love how she LOVES to give high fives. Once you get on the train you are on it until she decides she is done giving out high fives. She does not like to be left hanging. I love how she says "yeah!" with enthusiasm when palms meet.

My new favorite thing is watching her "jump." Oh she thinks she is jumping. She squats down real low and toddler like and then rises up super fast and goes to her tippiest toes, then repeat. It is adorable and different than her dancing but also kind of the same. But she also says "juh" (like the sound the letter j makes.)

M is so observant. She watches things she sees and then she just banks that in her mind and can figure it out for herself. She is super serious in public. I swear she is so giggly and smiley and talky but just holds it in when she doesn't know you.

She is still my little mountain goat. She climbs everything. This weekend she figured out how to get onto the kitchen table. So baby gates and clearing off the table immediately became a real thing in our lives. We've always had a baby gate to the kitchen but really in a keep kids corralled out of the kitchen. She also has figured out how to open the door to the basement. (Which is in the kitchen and has a lock on it.) But the gate also assures me she's not going down those steps.

She can go down the stairs. She's been going up for so long I don't even remember when she started that. But going down is life changing. And she loves it.

Somehow she has 6 teeth already. 2 on the bottom, 4 on the top. Which is more than C had at the same age and a completely different order.


She is still not a big talker, but she understands a lot and can follow directions if she wants to. She is the most mischievous. She will one day just start spouting sentences I'm sure. I am not the least bit concerned. She is meeting the age appropriate bench marks and she babbles so much more than C did.

To my relief she has finally started to like stories. She will now sit for a story instead of stealing the book and running around. Obviously I know the benefits of reading aloud work the same whether she's in the room or sitting with me but who wouldn't want some extra snuggle time?

I completely love watching my kids play together. They run after each other and wrestle. It's awesome.

She has crazy sensitive skin which is new territory for me. She is still the very best eater.

She can do:

  • So Big/Touch Down!
  • She can identify nose and eyes.
  • Clapping on command or when she hears applause. 
  • Does the clapping, stomping and throwing her hands up in "Hooray!" when singing "If You're Happy and You Know It." 
  • Knows how to point remotes and make things change. Especially likely to do that during her brother's animal documentaries which means they're already fighting over the TV.
  • Kick a ball into a goal
  • Signs "more" and "all done."
This little girl keeps me on my toes and I love her for it. She is kind of awesome. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh....how very precious she is!
    And how awesome you are documenting these moments because you will thank yourself one day!
    The cookies? Yummmmmmm!
    You will have a wonderful Christmas with those babies. : )
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is BEAUTIFUL. I still remember when you were eagerly awaiting her birthday. Time flies...merry Christmas to your whole family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a sweetie! I love reading about all the things she is doing. And yes, Billie Joe us right, you'll be glad you documented everything when the kids are older.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a sweetie! I love reading about all the things she is doing. And yes, Billie Joe us right, you'll be glad you documented everything when the kids are older.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!