one. Today is Husband's "birthday." It was really last Saturday while we were gone. But the kids didn't get to celebrate and if you know anything about almost 4-year-olds it is that they take birthdays very seriously. We are going to do all the normal things, special dinner, cake, etc. It is going to be a fun evening!
two. M had her 18 month check up today. Can you even believe that she is halfway to TWO?! Oh my goodness I can't stand it. My girl is healthy, happy and completely convinced she's three. No concerns. Passed her ASQ and MCHAT so that's about the best she can be. She has been adding new words to her vocabulary every day, today she said "apple" finally. So cute!
three. I love Cirque du Soleil. I have seen La Nouba twice, Corteo, Allegria, One of the stadium shows and I just love Cirque. So when we knew we were for sure going to Vegas I started pricing out shows. For a long long time it has been on my bucket list to see "O" it's the show in the water. (Eau is water in French.) As I was looking at tickets, it is just really expensive. And I eventually decided that we should put our money towards another less expensive show and bought tickets for "Ka."
four. We saw "Ka" last Wednesday night. It was amazing. The theater was spectacular. It was as much a character in the show as the talent.
![]() |
| This is a picture from the internet. This is what it looks like. |
![]() |
| This is the picture I took of the exact same thing. Don't judge it by my picture. |
five. So because "Ka" was SO good I felt even more like I should just try and make "O" happen. Then the stars alligned and we bought tickets. This theater was gorgeous. Like breathtaking. It was designed to basically be a European Opera House and it is just beautiful.
![]() |
| The internet wins again. |
![]() |
| My picture of the ceiling. |
![]() |
| What the ceiling actually looks like. |
But at the price point I was expecting it to be AMAZING and blow me away. And it was just like any Cirque. I think I maybe even liked "Ka" better. Also we saw the 9:30 show on a Saturday. Which meant a great deal of our audience was clearly inebriated. I have never in my life seen so many people come and go from a show before. It was unreal and very distracting, which also may have contributed to my feelings on the show.
But I am SO glad I saw it and have no regrets.
six. I don't really like Michael Jackson and I pretty much can't stand the Beatles so I will never spend money to see "One" or "Love." I am unsure that I would appreciate the adult themed Cirque so "Zumanity" is out. I would however see "Mystere," the original Cirque show and "Zarkana" should I find myself in Las Vegas again. (There's also the Criss Angel one that I am rather un-opinionated on.)
seven. We have more exciting plans this weekend and I can't wait to tell you about them next week! Have a terrific weekend friends!





Happy Bitthday to your man!
ReplyDeleteEnjoying celebrating with you babes.
Love the shows!
Cirque du Soleil truly is amazing. My mom treated all the girls in the family (my sisters, sisters-in-law, aunt, and nieces) to a show in Montrael some years back. I can't remember what it was called--it's on the tip of my brain, and now I'm going to have to find out.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE how important birthday celebrations are to 4-year-olds! Happy birthday to your husband!