Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Father's Day Weekend!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day weekend. We had a super low key weekend per Husband's request. Lot's of outside play, swimming in the back yard pool and fun! C got a hair cut, which ONLY Husband was allowed to accompany him to. Because believe me I tried to get him to go with me a few times this past week since he was about two weeks past when I would have normally taken him.

We love our pool! $25 of fun, we bought a pretty big one so that we could all get in and swim. Totally worth it because we had a great time. Going to the pool here would be $18 a pop or $9 in the evening, and don't get me wrong, we will still do that too, but the backyard pool is awesome for the "cool off in the afternoon" kind of days.

Standing in the sun to warm up. 

I am a bad wife and did not take the requisite "dad with his kids" picture, but our children have been not so cooperative with pictures lately so it probably wouldn't have worked anyway. But even without a picture we love Husband and he is a great dad to our kids. We are very lucky. 

My dad, who by the way is AWESOME is on a fishing trip right now so I didn't see him. But we made him an awesome sign and sent him a picture of his only favorite two grandchildren. And you know, we also sent him two really nice ribeye steaks for when he gets back from his fishing trip. 


In cute things the kids have said lately:

M cannot say "thank you" yet. So she says "No please" instead of "no thank you." It is absolutely darling.

Last week we were watching the Tony Awards and there was a scene from Fiddler on the Roof. (One of my favorites!) So C was watching with us and Husband said right at the beginning, "There's the Fiddler." We watched the whole wedding scene and then as it was ending C said, "Where's the roof?" I died.

Anyway, I hope you had a glorious weekend and celebrated the way the father's in your life wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!