It snowed. I know. I know that it is December. In Iowa. And this is really just normal. But I don't think I have ever been quite so bothered by snow as I am today.
The forecast said 1-3 inches. Fine. That's not really that much. Maybe the forecast would be wrong and it would barely snow at all. I could handle that. I was not expecting that the forecast would be wrong, but in the opposite direction. When I woke up this morning to already more than 4 inches of snow. And it was still falling.
But the kids loved it!
We were outside for a good long while and it was actually really fun. The snow was really coming down. We shoveled and got the first 5 inches off the driveway and sidewalks but it was quicker than us. At a certain point we admitted defeat and to wait until it was done snowing.
So we went in and had a brunch lunch.
We got out some of the frozen strawberries from June and made some strawberry topping, then we made waffles, eggs and bacon. We kept it educational with our placemats. (We also have the Signers of the Declaration of Independence, The United States Map and Learn about Money.)
It was a great filling meal after hard work and outside play. Plus it warmed us up. C decided a long time ago that he was always going to use bacon to warm up after coming inside. He doesn't care for hot chocolate and I guess bacon was a suitable alternative?!
Later on we went back out to finish the shoveling job. It was even wetter and sloppier in the afternoon so I am glad we had a good chunk of the snow shoveled already. All told we wound up with about 8.5 inches of snow. At least it's pretty right?!


Snow! I'm actually kind of ready for snow, and would have loved your storm. Granted, snow out here is nicer than snow there (I lived in Iowa for almost 30 years, so I am aware!) It's nicer to play in and it tends to go away before it gets ugly.
ReplyDelete