Just checking in with you on this bright (and pretty darn cold considering it was in the 70s not that long ago) Tuesday. Because it is always cold the day after a snow.
So it did snow. And we did not have a 2 hour late start or a snow day which to be honest surprised me just a little bit. Every other single snow we've had this season has been on a weekend or non-school day. Seriously. And we really just haven't had much snow this year at all. (Not complaining about that mind you.) So to have a big snow on the day after daylight savings, right during rush hour on a day you are statistically more likely to be in a car accident anyway, well I was expecting a 2 hour delay. Think of the children! (And also the elementary kids start school at zero dark hour and no one has shoveled by that point. I sure hadn't!)
But whatever. Husband shoveled at the dog's house. C went to school. I shoveled at our house. And, honest to blog, I did the most "good enough" shovel of my life. Is my sidewalk shoveled enough so that the city can't get mad and pedestrians are safe? Yep? Good enough! Considering it is going to be in the 40s and rainy Thursday and in the 50s the whole weekend, I just couldn't summon the effort to do a great job!
I let the dogs and the kids play in the snow yesterday. Get one more use out of the snow pants and boots for the season. They had fun romping together.
In case you are at all curious how the "should we get a dog" thing is playing out, it's exactly as I would have guessed. C would LOVE a dog and he has been about as helpful as a 4-year-old can get. Making sure they have water and food and playing with them etc. But... I just am a cat person. Dogs are swell for the short term but they're SO needy. And Husband is allergic to cats so... we will remain a pet free house and occasionally dog sit.
We made a super fancy, frozen and ready-to-bake, from the school pie sale blueberry pie for pi day. It will be dessert tonight for people who eat their dinner. Which means there's a good chance Husband and I will be the only ones eating this pie. Somebody tell me it's totally normal for kids to just not eat some days!
Anyway, Happy Pi Day! I hope you get a slice of the pie of your choice!


Ha! My 14 year-old is the world's pickiest eater. He comes to dinner and will pick and poke and eat very little. I have resigned myself to that fact because that's the way he's always been. He is more of a grazer and is totally ravenous when he gets home from school. I wish I could give my kids dinner at 3:30 when they get home from school because if I could I feel certain they would eat so much more dinner and would snack less. I have actually read of some families that do that. My husband would probably not appreciate that though!
ReplyDelete