Sunday, April 23, 2017

Hot Wheels Party!

Happy birthday to my favorite!! Today is Husband's 33rd birthday and we celebrated the way all dads do... with a Hot Wheels party! C got it into his head that his dad should have a Hot Wheels party and that he wanted to get him a box of Hot Wheels fruit snacks for a present. Husband rolled with it and we had a pretty awesome party!


The ladies at the grocery store thought that C was hilarious. He was SO proud about picking up the cake that he picked out. Why is grocery store sheet cake so darn good? 


My mom LOVED the theme and got Husband appropriate gifts including 4 new Hot Wheels vehicles. (C and M were VERY pleased with that development.) We also obviously had BWW for dinner. 

So while Husband was in Vegas I got to work on a mini bedroom makeover. Husband has been a trooper for the past three years and has had a book shelf on his side of the bed. With one of the shelves acting as his night stand. On Wednesday night I took everything off the bookshelf, tore it down to pieces, got it out to the garage and cleaned the spot out. It was a little dusty. 

Thursday night I got to work building the night stand. I will admit here and now that Husband is usually the builder of furniture in our house but it didn't take me too long! We "wrapped" it with a big bow. M really loves the big bow. If you have a toddler in your life, make any gift more exciting with the addition of a big bow. 


Friday after art class I put all the new bedding on to the bed. I got new sheets and pillow cases just because. And then I also got a new duvet cover and shams. We had a quilt but it was getting stained and ripping. It wasn't a nice quilt, I think like $40 at Kohl's so it was super okay to move on. 


I did get it looking a little nicer and neater for Saturday when he got home but this was a quick picture while the light was good in there. It reads much more gray in pictures and on Skype, but it is more blue than gray. I like it. Husband also likes it. Everybody wins! 

Well when he got home from Las Vegas he was tired (because the red eye) and coming home to a nice clean bedroom with new bedding was an even better treat than I imagined! 

It was a GREAT birthday day spent at church (With a two year old who loudly proclaimed during the baptism "Church is NOT my favorite!" Oy vey.) and in the backyard with a little partying in there too. I am so happy we were able celebrate Husband and we get to love him another year! 


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fabulous birthday!!! I love the updates you did to the bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your hubby!!!
    Your makeover in the bedroom looks great! I love a new bedspread - it totally changes the look of the room! But I always have trouble finding one I like. I love yours! And you got a good deal. Double bonus!!
    (Plus, I have to chuckle at the "Church is NOT my favorite" comment by C. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!