Tuesday, April 4, 2017

The Dreary-Wearies All Over the Place

Have you read The Pout-Pout Fish?


"I'm a pout-pout fish with a pout-pout face. For spreading dreary-wearies all over the place." 

That's what our weather has been like lately. Dreary and weary. I thought it was all in my head, but we got C's school newsletter for the month and it said that the kids were disappointed that they never had a lamb day. Every single school day in March was not sunny. It was sunny on Saturday, which was amazing, but it was a big ol' April Fools because back to the dreary-wearies we went. 

But this morning! In the car line! The sun came out! And it was glorious. So when M and I got home we went for a walk. We soaked up some Vitamin D and breathed in the fresh air. 


It was short lived, since the clouds are already back, but darn it all if it wasn't exactly what I needed this morning. 

This past weekend was so great. I went to a charity discussion/letter writing on Friday night. We had brunch with friends on Saturday morning. Saturday evening was a date night to C's school Blue and Gold Bash fundraiser. It was excellent and fun to watch people spend LOTS of money while we ate and drank and spent just a little money. We bought a silent auction item for something we were going to do anyway, which makes it the most win/win. 

But I have to get my steak into a marinade so that my fajitas are tasty this evening. So I am going to go do that. I hope that the sun is out where you are and if it isn't and that's bumming you out, I feel you. Have a wonderful Tuesday!


2 comments:

  1. It is finally sunny here after lots of rain for the last couple of days. Hopefully your sunny weather will return soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I hate nonstop cloudy weather!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!