Saturday night unwittingly became our RED night. How could that be? Well we told our dear sweet children as they were getting ready for rest that if they took a good rest we could go someplace fun.
"Is it Red Robin?" M exclaimed in our room. She comes running into her room where I am sitting waiting for her. "Mommy, Daddy said we get to go to Red Robin!"
"I love Red Robin! I want to get a cheeseburger!" C starts yelling.
Husband and I look at each other. Red Robin was not what we discussed. In fact our entire discussion involved... the thought that maybe we could go out to dinner. But since they had it in their sweet little heads it was going to be Red Robin I guess that became the plan.
They took a good rest and quiet time. We went to Red Robin.
Afterwords, we continued our night out on the town at the Red Store. (Known to most people as Target because they use actual names of stores.) We went in for liquid starch and this floor lamp for C's room. (His bit the dust.)
They didn't have liquid starch. They did have the floor lamp. Hallelujah!
We spent a great deal of time browsing and looking at things we didn't buy. Including but not limited to every single thing that had Minnie Mouse on it. My kid likes Minnie Mouse. She did manage to get a bike helmet with Minnie on it, because she had outgrown her other helmet. They also had Minnie Pull-Ups and that she said would help her potty train. Mmmhmm, SURE it well. But into the cart they went because seriously at this point I am willing to try anything.
We also got glue for me and my craft. Because darn it all I was going to craft this weekend. Way way back when you could still have a straight up Halloween party with costumes, my mom liked to help with the holiday parties. Her specialty for the Halloween party was making cheesecloth ghosties. She would bring them in and each kid could put eyes on and then either a bow or a bow tie. They're cute. And festive. And I wanted to make them with our kids.
Last year I bought the cheesecloth and couldn't find liquid starch to save my life. Well again this year. So I found a new recipe with equal parts Elmer glue and water so I bought glue. Saturday night I created the ghosts and this afternoon we were able to decorate them. The set up.
And completed. We made six. Two we are mailing to the cousins because last weekend when we saw them we told them we would make them a craft. I keep my promises.
C wanted to do two bow ties because he likes blue AND green. That's logic.
Back to target, I needed felt for the bows. The regular square shaped felt was $12.99! But the pumpkin shaped felt was $5.99. So we obviously got the pumpkin. Only now I have a lot of felt pumpkins. I told the kids we can paint them sometime but they wanted to try them out during our crafting time, so we made these:
I think M's looks A LOT like Princess Poppy from Trolls
But I am told it is in fact... you guessed it. Minnie. Because of the bow. Obviously.
So that was our weekend. We painted the town red on Saturday and did some crafts today. And in the grown up craft world Husband and I also were able to make some apple butter and get it canned. So hooray for processing apples. We didn't make it to applesauce or pie filling yet but... we will soon.









I just love those ghosts! What a neat craft! Sounds like you guys had a great weekend. Happy Monday!
ReplyDeleteOne of my little granddaughters is as much of a Minnie fan as your M. (And she is also crazy about Poppy!!)
ReplyDelete