Sunday, December 17, 2017

A Nearly Perfect Weekend

Oh my friends. This weekend has been a balm for my soul. That is over-dramatic certainly, since nothing in life has been bad. But this weekend has just been great.



Friday I made that viral Pinterest/Facebook hot chocolate recipe in anticipation for the #clanunseen Elf Twitter party. Basically, we all watched Elf at the same time and tweeted about it using the hashtag. They have been doing this since 2012 and it's funny to go back and see my old tweets. This year did not disappoint.


The hot chocolate was good. Super rich but definitely good for a party. The movie was funny. And I loved feeling connected to other families all while spending time with mine. It's really the best kind of party honestly.

Then come to find out that Younger Season 4 dropped on Hulu. We have been waiting since September for this and we... binged the whole thing and didn't go to sleep until 2:00 AM! I know! We're crazy! But we couldn't stop and we just love it. It was just as good as I anticipated. Charles yelling at Liza on his birthday in his office? Yeah, that is my favorite moment so far of the whole show.



Yesterday was super low-key. Because we stayed up super late the night before. And you may think between reading and television that is all I do these days. But we actually cleaned our porch, built a bookshelf and completely cleaned out and reorganized our toy cupboard. And people just looking at my playroom with our "grown up bookshelf" *cough Ikea over Walmart so super fancy upgrade obviously* and very little that doesn't have a place to live... it brings my heart peace. 

No clutter = inner calm. God bless my clean house. 

Then today. Pink Sunday. (I know, rose. I get it. But seriously... it's pink and that's okay.) Mass was good. Then my Vikings went ahead and made themselves division champs. CBS only showed the game until halftime because it wasn't interesting enough. I think I could solve the problem of no one watching football by having them just air the game they say they will air but I am not a network executive. 


My fantasy football team is in the playoffs and somehow it's a two week game, I handily won last week. But this week isn't going so well... eh. It would defy odds to have a Vikings win, Packers loss and a Down By the Schoolyard win all on the same week. 2/3 is okay. (And Julio Jones could have an amazing day tomorrow which would really help the cause.) 

Anyway. I've got a roast to get from the crockpot to the table so I will leave you here. I hope your weekend has been equally wonderful!



3 comments:

  1. We watched Elf on Friday!!!!
    I laugh every single time I see that movie!
    Our weekend was nice too.
    Up until my Steelers fell to the Tom Brady curse.
    Anyway...Happy Third Sunday of Advent!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a fabulous weekend! I hope the rest of this week goes just as well for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love weekends like this! It doesn't have to be anything big and flashy to be thoroughly satisfying.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!