Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Magical Grocery Shopping

Today is our first day of Christmas break! Yahoo!

And can I tell you about my own little Wednesday miracle?

M and I usually go grocery shopping on Mondays while C was at school. But Monday was the Christmas program so that didn't happen. And yesterday M taking a nap won out over grocery shopping again. But we needed some groceries.

So it was either take both kids or figure something else out. And guys HyVee Aisles Online came to the rescue. Since we already shop there in our rotation with our fuel saver card, they had a list of "favorite items" and most of what I needed was on there anyway. So it took me about 10 minutes online. Then for $2.95 someone else walked around the store collecting my groceries and bagged them up.


All I had to do was load the kids into the car and drive up. I called the number and about two minutes later my groceries were loaded into my car for me.

God Bless America. Obviously this isn't an all the time solution for my family, because Aldi does save us a bundle on groceries every week. But for the times when I want a specific brand (looking at you Heinz Ketchup) this is a reasonable solution. For real the $2.95 was less money than the impulse buys that would have occurred almost certainly.

And we have enough food now to get through the next bit before Christmas!

I should add here that I was talking this experience up as magical and C was slightly disappointed that the groceries didn't fly out to our car... so there's that. But it was in fact, grown up magic to me!!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, this is too cool!!! What a time-saver during this busy time of year! Denmark has something similar where you can buy your groceries online, too. I think it is a great idea, but I don't let myself use it too much because I still see it as a luxury! Haha

    Hugs, Madison

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. This is totally awesome!
    I am so envious that you have access to this.
    And I don't even have little ones anymore, so technically I have no excuse!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!