Everyone has those days, right? The ones where you feel like a failure even though, by the book, you've done everything to the best of your ability? Yesterday was one of those days. I felt really defeated but it was also Husband's birthday and that was reason enough to pull up my big girl pants and get it together.
I am so thankful for Husband. I am glad that he picked me and I get to go through life with him. When we discussing his birthday plans somehow we decided on a Rice Krispie theme. He loves Rice Krispie Treats. The ones you make yourself and the store-bought kind.
Easy enough.
Here's his birthday banner. Yes, those are Rice Krispie Treats with the writeable wrappers. They are definitely still hanging in my kitchen too. We kicked off the day with a bowl of Rice Krispies for everyone. Nothing but fancy birthday breakfasts at our house!
Worst lighting ever for a birthday cake picture but I will go ahead and share it anyway:
Instead of a cake, I got a Rice Krispie Treat Sheet and stuck some candles in it. (That's 34 in candle math.) As it happens, our regular grocery store doesn't carry the Treat Sheets, so I ordered one from Amazon. But it got delayed and I had to go to a different grocery store to get it. Then today the Amazon one showed up. Good thing he likes Rice Krispies!
Today is a bright new day. It's going to be a good one. At least it's sunny and going to hit 70 I think so that's stellar.


Happy Birthday to your man!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd what an awesome way to celebrate!!!
You hang in there. We all have those days.
I blame hormones.
And then I have more caffeine and chocolate.
Exactly what you aren't supposed to do. : )
What a great theme! Sorry you were having one of those days. Hopefully you were able to hit "reboot" and today was better!!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a cute idea! You're so creative. Happy belated birthday to him! :)
ReplyDeleteMadison | Breakfast at Madison’s