I am woman, hear me roar! Yes, like the old school Helen Reddy song. Today I finished a book. A good book.
It's been a long time since I've read a book that I've thoroughly appreciated. I read a lot. But lately, nothing has been that amazing. Or they've been well written but not really my cup of tea you know? This one was a Resse Witherspoon book club pick and I let it sit... because... it's called
Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows by Balli Kaur Jaswal and that title is not exactly me. But it is so funny, and sweet. It's intriguing and it's about women. There are a bunch of Punjabi widows who do wind up writing some stories but definitely think PG-13 romance in that it's more suggestive than dirty. But the book is about so much more than the widow's stories. And I really enjoyed it.
Then M and I went to get gas and fill up my tire with air. And we hit the grocery store for cupcake liners so we could make my pumpkin muffins! Today fall has really hit, C wore pants to school! The perfect day for pumpkin chip muffins and they turned out beautifully.
Then... M and I went to O'Reilly Auto Parts, and thanks to Google and YouTube I walked in knowing exactly what I needed. (It should be noted that O'Reilly is really, honestly and truly, the closest business to my house so this whole journey took about 10 minutes total, driveway to driveway.) We came home and then, again thanks to YouTube, I changed the rear turn signal bulb in my car all by myself! As someone who really appreciates turn signals, I am relieved that I accomplished it and that when we go to school pick up it will be working!
I am obviously celebrating my mad skills by enjoying a muffin before we have to go pick up C from school. Oh! And I ran the dishwasher so... I'm feeling pretty good about how today has gone if you wanna know.
I am feeling strong! And invincible! And I apologize if I got that song in your head but it's been a while since I've truly felt like I could do anything.
Have a phenomenal Wednesday.



I love that you changed the signal by yourself (well, with the help of YouTube) but still. Car things (or anything remotely mechanical intimidate me) You go, girl!!!!
ReplyDelete