Our school has a tradition where the three-year-old preschool has an Easter Bonnet Parade just before Easter and today was M's turn. We had been collecting things for weeks to make her bonnet lovely. And I was really excited.
This morning at drop off I took a before picture. Then I hightailed it to Target for some last minute supplies!
We got only a half hour to create our hats and it was a race. There was a slight snafu when the power strip three of us were plugged into wasn't working, but we all switched and soon we were able to hot glue our bonnets to the delight of everyone.
And here is the finished look:
From the back:
And a picture of the whole class so you can see the scope of the looks. I have to say that M's was one of the classier hats, but it also lit up which kept the whimsy in there.
The children sang us some songs and then we went on a parade to 8 classes and the school office. It was fun to go to the big school and we even got to go to C's room! It was so exciting for everyone.
And I loved every second of the experience! M was slightly less into the fun and one of her friends was the kid who refused to wear the bonnet at all. (There's always one right?)
Anyway, with this I will sign off to experience the Triduum with my family. We are trying something new where tomorrow we are putting all the technology into the tomb at 3:00 until Sunday morning. I hope you have a blessed Easter weekend!




Oh my goodness! What an awesome tradition. You guys did such a great job with her bonnet!
ReplyDelete