Friday, May 31, 2019

More Talk About Rain

I know this will shock you... but it is actually not raining today. Which is great, but it's going to rain tomorrow and we've had so much rain lately that there's still standing water in my yard. I am sure you're sick of hearing about M's soccer but the last rescheduled game is supposed to be tomorrow. My big fear is that they will try to force it and we'll all stand around in the rain tomorrow. This poor season. It feels like it's gone on forever, but really it started March 26 with our first practice and it will officially end tomorrow on June 1st. Hard to believe there have been only 3 games in that time!

Also... the gnats and mosquitos are out of control with the wet. It's rough. M loves being outside. Loves it. And she lasted 5 minutes today.

BUT the positive thing is that today is the school's field day so at least that didn't get rained out.

Anyway, in an update that is not about rain.


I had my last hoorah with the three musketeers on Tuesdays until next school year. They spent about 30 minutes skipping and running around the living room to a song they sang at school. I am going to toot my horn here since I figured out what song it was by three four-year-olds mumbling half correct lyrics. 

It's this song by the way in case you were super curious. 



Alright, hopefully, I can come back and write here about things that are not in fact about rain. 


Seems possible. Though, say a prayer for the farmers. There's a lot of talk around here that it is better to leave the fields unplanted and take insurance money this year. It's just too wet to plant. This is bad for the farmers, the land and the price of pretty much everything. 

Okay, happy weekend friends. And our last school year weekend! 


3 comments:

  1. It seems that the weather everywhere has been so crazy this year! The weather effects so many things that it's hard not to talk about it! I hope you are able to get that last soccer game in and that it stays dry until you are done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had a crazy amount of rain here as well. I'm ready for some summer days filled with sunshine! Have a great week. :)

    Madison | Breakfast at Madison’s

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!