Hello and happy Monday! We are over here trying to rest and recuperate. For the most part, C is doing really well. He does NOT like taking his medicine, which I take as a good sign that he isn't feeling a lot of pain since he doesn't understand the importance of the medicine.
It feels a little like the newborn days again as he gets something every two hours around the clock and wow. The 3:00 AM dosage is not my favorite. (Or C's either, to be honest.)
Yesterday, since he couldn't go to church, he and Husband made this fancy Pentecost cake while M and I were at our Mass. (He picked blue over red and we just went with it.)
The surprising parts to this recovery are that he isn't supposed to do anything that will raise his blood pressure for two weeks, or go outside so the dust doesn't irritate his throat. (This has been hard to manage the past two days specifically.) And also that he has zero interest in popsicles and ice cream. (Isn't that like the staple?) He hasn't had much appetite at all but the things that have been winners are buttery small shell noodles and watermelon.
Today I had him get out of pajamas for the first time into "real clothes." Which is athletic shorts and a tee shirt so still basically pajamas. But it's a step forward.

Oh!
ReplyDeleteWhat a trooper!
I hope he rests and heals quickly!
Isn't it funny when you have to get up in the night again, and you wonder how you ever did it in the first place???
Have a cozy day. It is cloudy and cool here for our first day of summer.
I don't really mind. : )
I hope the two weeks pass quickly and that his recovery is quick!
ReplyDelete