Hello!
We are just living up our summer this way. This week was our first week of swim lessons and I am so thankful to March Madeline for picking the earliest swim lesson time. We've never done that time before, they start at 8:30 but I am really enjoying it.
It just gives our day some good structure. There's no waiting around for house until it's time to go to swim lessons. It guarantees we get up and moving. And afterwards, we are home and ready for fun by 9:30!
On Wednesday we went with some friends to the Botanical Center. They have a children's garden with a splashing river. It's a lot of fun. We left the house at 12:30 and didn't get back until 4:30. And the kids didn't even want to leave! It was wonderful. And I was parenting like 2000 because I left my phone at home. (Accidentally) But you know what? It was really nice. (Except for not knowing what time it was.)
Yesterday the class lists for the next school year came out. It was very exciting!! Except it made me feel old because as we were pouring over the lists I was thinking "Back in my day you just had to show up at school to see who was in your class!" I remember calling one or two friends that I was really curious about and then waiting anxiously for "Meet the Teacher" night so I could look at the bulletin board or coat hooks that would be labeled. (Or walking around and looking at all the desk name tags.)
Tonight we are having our traditional Friday Night Family Movie Night. It's very fancy. We eat pizza and watch a movie. I have heard tell of families starting this when their kids are little and then even their teenagers appreciate having the time. That's my hope. Sometimes it's frozen pizza. Sometimes homemade. Sometimes we order it. But it's always pizza and a movie. Tonight we are going to watch Mary Poppins Returns! None of us have seen it and now it's on Netflix! YAY!
Have a wonderful weekend!


Sounds like your summer is in full swing! I feel that way too with all the kids activities to keep me busy :-) But school will be here before we know it, lol. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Jill