Monday, June 1, 2020

The Next Chapter

Husband went back to work today. He isn't super excited about it. I imagine that ultimately he will get less work done there due to interruptions but I am not the president of his company so I don't get a vote. 

C finished the bulk of first grade today. So much so, that I was able to sneak a bunch of things into the recycling bin prior to today's pickup. 

He has just a few things left to do. A reading comprehension quiz. A math test. 2 zoom calls. It seems so weird that after a quarter of the year being home we are now approaching "summer"  that looks an awful lot like what we've just been doing. 

Today or tomorrow we will find out if this summer will involve swim lessons at the pool we typically go to. If they decide not to open, I will try and get the kids into private lessons. Hopefully, I will be able to get some spots so we can salvage out something special. 

This weekend I disconnected and spent some time with friends at one of my friend's lake house. It was the perfect precursor to kick off a summer unlike any other. 


This is the view of the house from the water. Isn't it gorgeous?! It was the most perfect weather. Low 70s and sunny.

 

This is where I spent the whole morning. I was reading, journaling, working on a bible study I've been trying to get through, and just staring out at the gorgeousness. Plenty of time spent peacefully and blissfully alone. (We all needed that so much after months of being with our children every single second.) 

It's tiring to be "on" all day every day. 

But now I am rejuvenated and ready to rock and roll for summer to fully begin! 

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!
    A weekend at the lake is good for the soul.
    Happy summer!
    And hope the swimming lessons happen. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What gorgeous views! I'm glad you got to spend some time relaxing before this odd summer. My kids are so bored they are looking for jobs. Because even though they had online school with plenty of homework and tests and projects, because we were at home they said it feels like it's been summer break since March. THEY ARE OVER IT! I hope your pool opens up. It's about 50/50 here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!