Yesterday was Multicultural Day at the kid's school. It was so well done. Each grade got a special shirt color to wear for the day. (Please note, you'll see this shirt two more times from other events coming up at school.)
The day started in the gym where they "boarded their planes" they all watched the airline safety video.
They even gave the kids a Biscoff cookie. Which is the best part of a flight as you probably know.
Then each grade or class rotated through the different countries. Not every grade or class visited the same things. The list of potential countries were Ireland, France, Switzerland, Mexico, Nigeria, Haiti, Philippines, Germany, Nepal, Costa Rica, Bosnia, Bahamas, Scotland, Russia, Lithuania, China, Poland.
They had little passports for all the places they visited. And they got to do activities as well as learn a lot.
They even had a taco truck come at lunch! Which is very cool. Except my kids don't like tacos and so I was sad because they looked tasty and I wish I could have enjoyed them myself. M and C were very happy with their packed lunches. (I was secretly hoping that the peer pressure of it all would convince them to try a taco. Alas.)
My crew said the day was great. My teacher friends said the day was great. I am so glad they got to do this!




What a cool idea! Sounds like such a fun day!!! I can't believe your kids don't like tacos. Hopefully they will change their minds at some point and realize they are missing out!
ReplyDelete