Monday, November 28, 2022

Thanksgiving Break

Our Thanksgiving week kicked off last weekend even, with the Festival of Trees parade. This is the largest helium balloon parade in the midwest and C was absolutely delighted! 


I did not attend. Because it was COLD. And I am not a big parade gal. But I did watch from my phone for a while to spot the kids. 

Anyway, it set the festive mood up just right before two days of school. 

Thanksgiving break was good to us! I am always so thankful for time to slow down and enjoy my family. And also sleep. I love sleeping. It's my favorite hobby. That's sad, isn't it? I don't even care. 

Wednesday we took it easy and just hung out. Then that evening we went to the dinner theatre to see White Christmas! 


It was honestly so much fun and I am glad we went. The perfect way to tamper down the excitement for Thanksgiving. Which is big business at our house. 

Thursday morning we had our monkey bread as per tradition. 



And we watched the parade.


Please note C is in his Macy's pajamas. As I said, the parade is his Super Bowl. After the dog show... did you know they air the parade again? Well, they do. And we watched it for a second time. (We did skip the preshow stuff to sneak in Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving. Please don't judge me for how much TV they watched on Thursday.) 

We went traditional with the food this year. Rotisserie turkey which was pretty darn good, mashed potatoes, rolls, corn casserole, cranberry sauce, stuffing from a box, and pumpkin pie for dessert. 

And you know what? It was tasty and I am glad we had it. I still like my non-traditional meals for Thanksgiving. And it will never be my favorite holiday. But it is C's so I can lean into it for him a bit. 

Thursday night we tucked the kids in and then I stressed watched the Vikings game. I am going to get gray hair just for being a Vikings fan. I swear. It's still a LONG road for them and I am not going to get my hopes up, because of the Eagles. No matter what though, I will likely look back and remember this season as a pretty good one. 

Friday we took it easy during the day and then we went to the Festival of Trees. 



And that was okay. Next year we will look at the entertainment schedule before we go. There was a dance company there and their music selections were not super Christmasy or kid-appropriate really. Also it was quite loud. The experience was less than we had hoped for but the pictures are cute so it's all good. 

Saturday we went back to the theatre for Santa Claus the Musical. It was cute. 


And yesterday I took no pictures but it was also low-key and a good one. Ending in my stress watching the Eagles-Packers game. My kids wanted to know who to root for. I know some wanted a Packers to win to help the 1st seed chances for the Vikings but I just couldn't do it. I can't stand them. Or Smarmy Aaron. (I understand he used to be a good football player. But with his attitude, ego, and the looks on his face, I cannot. Plus he is a liar.) Somehow Tom Brady, even with all his scandals and family issues, still seems like a nice person. Aaron never has to me. 

I had told my children before they went to sleep that the best outcome would be an Eagles win but that Aaron Rodgers would break his knee early and be out for a while. Honestly, I wanted to see how Love would play. Got my wish, only with obliques I guess! Personally, I hope that Rodgers is out for good and Love can just do his thing. Let's be real, even a third-string QB in the NFL is still an elite player. I will still dislike the Packers, but I will dislike them significantly less with Smarmy Aaron gone. 

Jalen Hurts is my Fantasy quarterback and Eagles are my D/ST so that was extra motivation for me to root for the Eagles last night. And they pulled it out well! I am going to win my game this week! 

Now here we are, Happy Monday and Happy Advent everyone! 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Advent to you! You and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving break! We are so similar! No cold for me. Sleep all the way!!! And never judgement from me about tv. Some of our best family times are when we are gathered around the tv. Lovely pics of your littles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely Thanksgiving week you guys had!! I have never liked Aaron Rogers either and at this point just wish he would wash his hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the hair! Yikes. I love that your son's fave holiday is Thanksgiving, that is so unique :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!