December snuck in quietly as though it were hoping no one would notice. I did, actually, notice but nevertheless. This weekend is a busy one. The kids have their show they've been working on all fall. I feel like it will go well but C has been especially emotional about it and I am not exactly sure why that is. He says he's nervous, and I guess that could be it, but I think really he's just sad it's ending and so he is preprocessing that.
It got cold here this week. But they fixed the boiler at work. On Tuesday, when I left my office it was 83!
Why do I have a thermometer at my desk? Well at my old job, my desk was cold but my boss and coworker in my corner of the office were both going through menopause and therefore could not be trusted to accurately describe the temp of the office. So my boss gave me a thermometer to keep track of whether we should turn the temp up or down. They weren't to be trusted with that decision-making skill.
Anyway, when I started at the parish I realized that I really missed glancing over at the temp. It has become part of my day without my truly realizing it. So for $7 I could buy the exact thermometer and still have something to glance at. (And it's better than a clock because then you're just wondering how much time you have left or worried that you're running out of it!)
Anyway, it's December. And I am happy about it. 2022 was a good one. I have a few packages left to arrive. I had planned to be done with Christmas shopping pre-Advent but I had a package go rogue (unclear if it was stolen or not, though we were home and another package delivered that day wasn't...) so I had to wait the allotted time for a refund and then re-order. But I am closing in on being done.
And that is about what I know!


Good luck with the play this weekend! 83 degrees is way too hot, right? Or maybe I'm going through the big change *fingers crossed* ;)
ReplyDeleteNo, it was definitely WAY too hot!
DeleteEnjoy the play!!! Can't wait to hear all about it! And yes, December?!
ReplyDeleteAs someone going through menopause, I can appreciate this post! My poor husband - thankfully he's fine to put on a sweater in the house while I am sweating!
ReplyDelete