This weekend was the kid's performance of The Little Mermaid Jr.
You never really know what to expect right? Especially since it was M's first time on stage. She is an avid theatre patron, she saw 14 shows this year! But how does that translate to being put on stage? Well, I needn't have worried. The director told me she was "spunky" and a "leader" who always made sure other people were where they were supposed to be.
C was a rock star. Just an absolute rock star. He had a rather big part when it came down to it. And he did a good job. (Could he use more direction and coaching, yes. But he wasn't bad. And if I was wearing my critical hat, as someone who legit gets paid to review live theatre performances, there were some people who were not so great.)
Saturday night he came on stage and I grabbed Husband and said, "what's wrong with him?" He assured me that C was fine but I knew he wasn't. He came back on stage a few minutes later and he had a bloody nose! But came on stage with his tissue and said all of his lines and did the show anyway. How's that for 10-years-old and learning about "the show must go on"? I was floored. And so impressed. What a guy! I am so so so proud of him.
Honestly, my heart could BURST at how sweet they both were and even though they are the most tired, I am so proud of them.






How adorable are they?!?! And Momma, you take a bow too. So happy for you all!
ReplyDeleteYour heart should be bursting. Your kids are so brave and confident, that is amazing!!
ReplyDeleteThis post: 🥰🥰. You must be so proud of those sweet kiddos.
ReplyDelete