Tuesday, January 24, 2023

In Memory

 

Chocolate
September 2021-January 2023


Yesterday, Chocolate the snail passed on to the great fish tank in the sky. He was a really good snail, who cleaned the tank, went for jogs, and was incredibly active. I will miss his little mouth movements, they were my favorite and already our tank feels a little lonely.  He will be missed. 

Waldo seems to be handling the news okay. Or he's a fish and doesn't care a ton either way. 

C also seems to be handling the news well. He is sad, but realistic. He does not want to get another snail at this time. Maybe in a while. 

Mystery snails live for about one year so Chocolate lived a very full life with us. He grew SO much during his time with us. He truly was exceptionally speedy and I will deeply miss watching him run laps, it was incredibly satisfying and peaceful to watch. 

I am just thankful I realized and got him out of the main tank and into the hospital tank for observation when I did. Snails decompose very quickly, which can make ammonia spike, which in turn could have killed Waldo. No harm was done to the tank and all the water levels are good! 

Thanks for a great 16 months Chocolate! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for the loss of Chocolate! I loved the little snails in our old aquarium but none of them grew very big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIP Chocolate. I am impressed you have a hospital tank, you're such a good snail doctor :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!