Tuesday, April 4, 2023

April Showers

So. The storms on Friday were pretty good and severe. There was even a 2-hour early out to make sure everyone was home and they closed after care. (That's how you know it's serious.) Luckily, we didn't sustain much damage. There were widespread tornados and the tornado warning was fairly lengthy, however. Lots of opportunities for prayer. 

I am not going to discount the fact that when we got home, I holy watered our big tree, the garage and the lawn things that wouldn't fit in the garage. I also hung a rosary on our front door as I went about preparing. (Which basically consisted of putting the external battery and some flashlights in the basement.) 

When all was said and done, the yard looked like this. But, no major damage, and for that I am thankful!


My parents were in town this past weekend too. I had very specifically told them to get to town early to beat both the blizzard they were having (They've gotten 98 inches of snow this year. 98. Not a typo.) and our severe weather. They did in fact beat the severe stuff and got to hang with us during all the warnings and fun. 

They also went to take C to get a new snail. I am pleased to introduce you to Sheldon. He is going to eat all the algae and gosh darn it has he done a bang-up job so far. He is like a little roomba in a shell let me tell you. 


And Waldo doesn't mind him one bit. 

And it's Holy Week. Which feels like a lot this year. Lent was very Lenty but also I can see all the good that came from it. 

Today we are expecting nearly identical storms to Fridays. I am hoping that we can skip the tornados this time. I am not holding my breath that M will have her first soccer practice though. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy and Blessed Holy week, my lovely friend! So glad you are safe and sound, and no doubt your preparations made the difference. Stay safe today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you were all safe in ALL the storms and that your Holy Week and Easter Season are blessed and happy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!