Friday, April 14, 2023

The Longest Short Week

This was the longest short week right?! 

Well, it was for us. The next few weeks are a whirlwind over my way. But the weather is gorgeous for now and I am incredibly thankful for that. 

Monday was a day off for most of us. So we went to visit Husband at work. 


And we finally got to see the Arctic 3D movie we had promised for Spring Break. 



Later that evening we drove to visit some old blogger friends! Marie! (From Joy Beyond the Cross) And she was just as delightful as she was in 2015!


Bonus! The kids got on thick as thieves. M and K are going to be pen pals! Which I love. 

Tuesday M had her first soccer practice. 


C finished up his STEM fair project so we had to order all the pictures. Here's a preview. The fair is today so expect some pictures and a recap of his project soon. 


Wednesday was chalice painting day. For the past 28 years or something dramatic, the second graders paint a keepsake chalice for First Communion. I was not about to let that tradition die on my first year on staff! 


And it was a success. 46 chalices were painted. None broke when they were in my care. And now after they're glazed and fired I just have to get Father to bless them and they'll be ready for pickup! Well... actually one guy wasn't feeling well so he has to go to the pottery place and do his and then we will be all set. 

Yesterday was our staff retreat. The views couldn't be beaten. 


The company was fantastic. But I didn't think we were as productive as we could have been. 

And now it's Friday. This weekend is going to be a busy one but that's okay. 





4 comments:

  1. Wow - what a tusk! Your husband works at that museum -how fun!!
    Oh, I used to read Joy Beyond the Cross when she'd link up with Quick Takes back in the day. I'm glad she's well. (Too many bloggers I used to follow have stopped blogging or have gone onto instagram. Those blogs got me through a lot of hectic years - I miss them!)
    I hope the First Communion goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I miss so many blogs that I looked up to.

      Delete
  2. Yes this is your busy season! We had Confirmation last night and First Communion is May 7 and then I believe Religious Ed is over for the year - phew. I'm excited to hear more about that STEM project, we could always use good inspirations over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVED seeing you guys! I can't wait for Meredith to read Katharine's letter...it was hilarious, she worked so hard. She tells it like it is...ha, ha! My friend Sara was going to mail yesterday or today, so hopefully Meredith will get it soon. We had a great visit in Dubuque and it was such a highlight to see you guys. Elizabeth declared she is moving to Dubuque when she is an adult and when I said that we would miss her and it is a 5 1/2 hour drive from home, she responded "you can visit Mom!". LOL! So, maybe there will be more trips down your way in the future, I just hope we don't have to wait 8 years to see you again. The side by side pics of the kids were so great! I almost want to open up my blog just to post those in memoriam! Thanks again for such a fun visit! Blessings on all your 1st Communion prep activities - I will be praying for you! God Bless, Marie (Joy Beyond the Cross)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!