Thursday, May 4, 2023

Field Trip!

On Tuesday, I was lucky enough to get to accompany C and the rest of the 4th and 5th graders to visit the science center and state capitol! We had to be at school by 6:00 am for the kids to get on the coach buses. (It's a 2.5 hour drive for us, bathrooms are essential.) 

We first hit the science center and that was a lot of fun! I had a group of six kids including C in my group. This first yellow room was the only room that wasn't super crowded because we were the first ones in there!







The science center was cool. But it was crowded. Apparently, they only allow field trips on Tuesdays. And also apparently they don't have any idea how to limit the number of kids on a field trip because it was wall-to-wall kids. I was so glad our kids were in uniform because it truly made it so much easier to spot them! 

It was also very clear how academically adept they were. We had a show with a scientist teaching us about fire. And she was a bit flummoxed because for the most part, any time she asked a question the kids knew the answer. For example, she had them all rub their hands together and one kid shouted out "Friction!" They also knew the three elements of fire are heat, fuel, and oxygen. 

After a lunch break, we headed to the capitol. I didn't grow up in Iowa so I had never been there. It was actually really cool and I learned a lot. 








We had a really fun time and I am so glad I was able to attend! Again, the kids looked so darling in their uniforms walking through the building. The neon shirts and activewear of the public school groups felt nearly out of place with all the suits and ties. 

We got back to school at 5:30 so it was a long day, but a fun and educational one! 



2 comments:

  1. So cute! My son starts kindergarten at our local Catholic school next year and we were just talking about how stinking cute he'll look in the uniform all spiffed up and clean! ;) Just like your adorable kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome that you were able to go with him! It sounds like a great field trip (minus the crowds at the science museum).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!